Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Cost of insurance and having to pay to replace my bumper after I obliterated a fox at 50mph after it ran out into the road lol

@Victory kind of stole your thunder there lol. I hit a fox once, may as well have been a donkey! Needed a new bumper, valance and protection tray from under the car, oh it also needed the radiator replaced can't forget that bit! Good job the bugger died or I would have gone over it again lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Ouch!  You are fortunate it is just the bumper though, as it could easily have damaged the bonnet and grille, plus the radiator.

On a KA it could have been a right off if it was a fully grown fox [emoji87]

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

On a KA it could have been a right off if it was a fully grown fox emoji87.png

I hit a rabbit once back in spring 2011 and the top circular shape of its head has been taken from the front flap of the passenger wheel arch. The plastic has a C shape taken out of it from his head going through🙈 as i remember I was doing quite considerable speed at the time 😊

I don't like the inappropriate volume of near stationary traffic I encountered on the A31 westbound from Ferndown onwards:sad:, as we returned from collecting Pipper's food for the next 2 months  It was considerably worse than a typical Friday afternoon, when everyone is commuting home (both locally and regionally):sad:  Canford Bottom's poorly designed roundabout didn't help either:angry:  

Usually, it's a 20 minute drive there and back, to get some chicken for Pipper, a distance of about 12 miles  We set off a little after 3pm and have only recently returned:ohmy:  The local radio station 2CR, wasn't reporting any fatal accidents like yesterday, which resulted in it being shut west of Merley in both directions.  So, it's a bit of mystery as to why the traffic was so dense, and for a Thursday afternoon too!:unsure:

On 12/04/2017 at 1:19 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Never owned a Citroen but always fancied a BX, that's the one with the hydropneumatic suspension isn't it?

I seem to recall quite a few Citroens had it, the starting off with 2.8L Traction Avant in 1954, then the DS, GS/GSA, CX, BX, some of the XM.

• Like 1

I don't like realising my back to work date (18th) is nearing and I could really do with another few weeks off, but can't do that as after checking my contract I only get 1 months sickness paid, with a further month being on half-pay!!  So much for what I thought it was (6 months fully paid), turns out that is only if you have over 2 years service and guess what?  I have 1 year 11 months!  TYPICAL!!

I don't like having to have one of our cats put down due to poisoning! Symptoms VERY similar to anti-freeze poisoning so it could have been accidental but I'm not so sure. We found a half eaten birdfeeder fatball outside our house. The fatball is a light purple in colour and smells sweet, not like any I've seen before. 

So tomorrow I think we'll be making a phonecall to the SSPCA to let them know and maybe even let the police know. 

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like having to have one of our cats put down due to poisoning! Symptoms VERY similar to anti-freeze poisoning so it could have been accidental but I'm not so sure. We found a half eaten birdfeeder fatball outside our house. The fatball is a light purple in colour and smells sweet, not like any I've seen before. 

So tomorrow I think we'll be making a phonecall to the SSPCA to let them know and maybe even let the police know. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.  It is bad enough to have an animal die let alone suspected foul play.  I'd definitely get it investigated.

31 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I work in the pharmaceutical industry and I can tell you that "monoethylene glycol" which is a chemical more commonly known as anti freeze does smell very sweet indeed, an egg cup full would smell out a 45 seater bus 

Methanol and Ethanol are both equally as sweet although methanol would burn the nose more than the other two.

all three have a very low freezing point of atleast -10¤C depending on purity could stay mobildown to as low as -40¤C 

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm very sorry to hear that.  It is bad enough to have an animal die let alone suspected foul play.  I'd definitely get it investigated.

No pun intended there with the foul being a type of bird and the discovery of a half eaten bird feeder 😁

On 11/04/2017 at 10:05 PM, jmurray01 said:

I wouldn't be seen dead in a modern Citroen, terrible cars!  I know new cars are designed to "absorb" the damage so that the cabin is protected, but I prefer older vehicles because they can withstand collisions better without falling to pieces. 

I'm not a fan of using myself as a crumple zone...give me a modern motor any day!! Even if it does appear to disintegrate in a collision.

I have multiple dislikes today...I just really CBA posting them all...I'm an arsey git tonight!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeanW said:

I'm not a fan of using myself as a crumple zone...give me a modern motor any day!! Even if it does appear to disintegrate in a collision.

I have multiple dislikes today...I just really CBA posting them all...I'm an arsey git tonight!

Join the club!  I'm so hacked off it is unreal.

I don't like finding that the 405 GTX I sold last year has been scrapped.  Now one less 405 on the roads! :sad:

I don't like having to pay the vets bill after last nights visit!!! :ohmy:

I don't like possibly having to drive down to Edinburgh in a few days to visit my uncle who has been hospitalised with a potentially serious illness.

It never rains but it pours!!

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like having to pay the vets bill after last nights visit!!! :ohmy:

Oh I know - they really like to twist the knife when it comes to the fees!!

37 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh I know - they really like to twist the knife when it comes to the fees!!

Yeah, but we choose to have pets and know they charge well. Knowing that vets college costs about £30,000 a YEAR kinda puts into perspective :ohmy:

20 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Yeah, but we choose to have pets and know they charge well. Knowing that vets college costs about £30,000 a YEAR kinda puts into perspective :ohmy:

True...

I don't like spending my bank holiday Friday stuck indoors writing a job application.

All this effort for it to potentially be tossed aside by some HR hiring nanny who think she knows all the ins and outs for the industry she recruits for, despite actually never having done any real work within it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I don't like spending my bank holiday Friday stuck indoors writing a job application.

All this effort for it to potentially be tossed aside by some HR hiring nanny who think she knows all the ins and outs for the industry she recruits for, despite actually never having done any real work within it.

Sorry to hear that, job hunting is one of the most frustrating things you can do.  Are you currently out of a job or just looking for something else?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Sorry to hear that, job hunting is one of the most frustrating things you can do.  Are you currently out of a job or just looking for something else?

No worries mate, as you said it's just one of the really mundane things about life. My contract is kinda like a 2 year long one - as I'm nearing the end of this period, I need to apply for a different role (within the same company), or to resign and get a job at a different one.

Yeah, but we choose to have pets and know they charge well. Knowing that vets college costs about £30,000 a YEAR kinda puts into perspective ohmy.png

I don't object to their fees, a few times when I've phoned for emergency advice they don't charge at all. Our vet is really good. I do object to the price of medications though. A lot of the time you can get the human equivalent a lot cheaper.

Hope your pet isn't too sick, never nice when one of the family is ill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hope your pet isn't too sick, never nice when one of the family is ill.

Unfortunately Harley had been put down before my original post :sad:

Police have been informed, more for their information rather than expecting an investigation and prosecution. Also went past the other vets practice to make them aware as well, hopefully it was an isolated case but you never know. 

• Like 1

I did not enjoy a journey from Alvaston, Derby (marked 2 Beech Ave on the pic, which is an arbitrary location on my route), to the tip (sorry, recycling centre, marked with the red pointer) at Raynesway taking the course of the blue line on the map.ohmy.pngwacko.png

I have done it before, a few years ago, and looked on Google to refresh my mind, but it looked different on the ground, and I got in the wrong lane, on a dual carriageway. Grrrr.

I know the area, my daily trip to school was on that route for 7 years. But that was a few decades ago now, and the roads are very different.huh.png

So in trying to get back down the dual carriageway, I made two further mistakes. Both by taking the left lane when I wanted to turn left, only to find the roads crossed over. Why it has to be so spaghetti like, I do not know. At one point, top right in the map, I was just yards from my old school.

It was all made worse by being about 5.30 when I went wrong, seeing the tip go by on the wrong side of the road, and it shut at 6.00. I could not decide whether to thump the steering wheel and swear, or burst into tears in frustration. In the end I just avoided both, and by a miracle, got there with 5 minutes spare!

It was not funny at the time, but I can see the funny side now.laugh.png, (Just!) So feel free to have a little laugh if you wish!

DerbyTip.jpg

• Like 3

things i dislike -

having to watch west ham play everyweek and failing to get a win.

(angry supporter)

Oh dear @Tdci-Peter that has tickled me, I'm sorry. All I could think was that if you drove an Audi you would have had no bother at all and would have been there in the proposed time. Those cars seem to be able to switch lanes without incident no matter where they are [emoji16]

Sorry to hear that @Turvey I remember reading your original comment now. Good idea going to the vets and letting them know.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club