Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like the realisation that it's now been over 10 years since I passed my test, where did that time go.

That and people born in the 2000 can now take theirs. :ohmy:

I know... :unsure:

• Like 1

PART 1 : I don't like spilling my beer!!! Poured myself a pint in the garage, ONE sip on the way through to start cooking my tea, took a wee sausage roll to heat up while I was cooking the rest of my meal. Microwave door is a bit sticky so I gave a bit of a tug, hand slipped, beer spilt! One mouthful left! Trousers, teeshirt in the wash. 

PART 2 : I don't like having to fish cottonbuds out of the toilet! 4 buds in the toilet when I came to use it, only 2 people in the house of 5 suspects(6 including me, but I immediately ruled myself out of the enquiry) all denied the charge! Investigations are ongoing. 

PART 3 : I don't particularly like having to teach someone how to drive my truck. It's kinda part of the job and it's nothing against the driver, he's a nice fella who I really get on with but I like my own company and do things my own way.   (By the way, there will be a PART 3b next Wednesday, watch this space) 

PART 4 : I absolutely HATE shaving! I nearly think if there were a tablet I could take that meant all your hair fell out I would take it.

PART 5 : Whilst we're on the subject of tablets. I've got to the ripe old age of 52 without having to resort to much medicine apart from the odd course of anti-biotics etc I've been pretty much tablet free......until now. As a result of MS I get leg spasms at night when I go to bed so I take a couple of tablets to ease that. I recently had blood tests as part of a consultation with a neurologist and I was tested low in Iron so I'm on 3 iron tablets a day as well. I scrapped my elbow a week ago and progressively over the week it started getting sorer and a trip to the docs revealed I had bursitis, so a course of anti-inflammatories and anti-biotics  means I am now taking 18 tablets a day!!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turvey said:

PART 4 : I absolutely HATE shaving! I nearly think if there were a tablet I could take that meant all your hair fell out I would take it.

Agree 100%. Shaving is such a waste of time.

I also don't like calling up my local dealer's parts department, only to get the guy who answered the phone to tell me in a gruff voice to hold on a moment. That moment turned into me waiting for two minutes, with lots of random background chatter with people working next to him. Of course I didn't feel like waiting for an eternity, so I hung up on him.

Ford's customer service is really god awful, they remind me of easyJet. 

I don't like almost going through an entire bottle of Johnnie Walker in two nights... :ohmy:

• Like 1

I don't like; not receiving my new bank account card in time for pay day 😦 today 😣

I set up a new current account online two weeks ago and they text me the account number Monday last week; so I have given the details to the wages people in work last week, 

Yesterday I received the pin number via post for the card which hasnt yet arrived; I was expecting the card to arrive today but it hasn't and my savings are in a 30 day saver meaning; I would need to give 30 days notice of withdrawal or pay a fee for immediate withdrawal 😧 which I don't want to have to do as I'm saving for a while without touching it.

I've now taken the day off work and im going in to the bank today with proof of ID and proof of address along with the new account number, hopefully that will work 

I don't like forgetting to take my ashtray from my mother's house and having to resort to a coffee cup... 

I also don't like having a terrific pain down my entire left arm all day which is not going away even after 2 aspirin and three glasses of wine!

I don't like eating an entire large pizza and still feeling hungry... :mellow:

I don't like finding there'd been a run on pork belly slices when I went to Tesco earlier:sad:  There was only 1 packet left in pork section, there's usually 50 or so, across the 3 brands:ohmy:  The watercress was also very depleted: but not that depleted, that I was unable to get my usual 5 bags.  Oh, and the avocadoes were all sloppy, not unlike water filled balloons:ohmy::sad:

I also don't like, despite knowing better, getting myself rather dehydrated yesterday, to the point of actually giving myself dry eyes by the evening:ohmy::sad:  Something I've never had before, I have been previously dehydrated to the point of a dry mouth and dark urine: but not the dry eyes stage!

There wasn't enough time to get any cream for my morning coffee, prior to departing to Bristol after Pipper's morning stroll, so I didn't bother drinking anything until mid-morning.  Then it was only a small 300ml bottle of water!  Then on to our London centre, where I managed to grab a solitary green tea shortly before departing. On  the way back, I meant to pick up a litre bottle of water or two when I stopped at Fleet services, for Pipper to stretch her paws: however I forgot:unsure:  Which meant by the time I'd got home (8pm ish) I'd only drunk 550ml of liquid all day!!:oops:

ive been replying to some topics recently only to find later that the topic no longer exists!! very strange

my daughter has had a crash in her car on m5! luckily she is ok , bit bruised aparently. car infront stopped quickly, she stopped but the car behind didnt and rammed her into the car infront. needles to say she got a manlged car. but every cloud has a silver lining. thats one more corsa in the scrapyard. lol
her mum has gone to fetch her and wait for recovery. i have explained not to recover it to my drive. our neighbourhood is corsa free.

• Like 2

I don't like that Pipper's phantom pregnancy isn't quite over yet:sad:, she's still lactating from one of her teats, albeit in miniscule amounts  We went for her 2nd follow up appointment this afternoon, she got to go back in 10 days time for another check. 

I also don't like that I letting it get so late in the day to go and get my squash and tomato plants from the nursery: and finding they'd sold out of all the varieties I like:sad:  This year's tomatoes are entirely unknown to me:unsure:, some are new to the market F1s. One of whom the label declares "is the most resistant to blight and fusarium wilt  in the EU". It's called Magic Tree. I also have 2 completely unknown varieties of squash too and in the confusion I forgot to get the courgettes, I see now:sad:.  I'll have to return before they close

5 hours ago, iantt said:

ive been replying to some topics recently only to find later that the topic no longer exists!! very strange

Were they in the wrong sub-sections and one of the mods deleted the topic?:unsure:

• Like 1

Were they in the wrong sub-sections and one of the mods deleted the topic?unsure.png

yes, probably. was removed after 5 mins of the original one posted. i dont tend to look what section a topic is in, i just look at the post and reply if can help.

• Like 1

I hate the faults on clio cars  mk2 2005,had my brother old clio 1.2 16v,not that bad to drive and only 60k and had cambelt kit/pump done so ok...BUT.

Factory fitted sunroof,should just say with ''built in shower''.....speedo and revs are the same just miss some numbers like 10/30/50 meaning revs and

10/20/40 meaning m.p.h,the 30 is a dash,a few more but i would fill the page.

Saying that ok to drive,yes ok its 13 years old and not been in a newer one so they could of improved a lot but yes another french car.

I don't like that I don't know what I like anymore. I'm on pint No3 of OP .
I like OP

11 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

I don't like that I don't know what I like anymore. I'm on pint No3 of OP .
I like OP

3 pints of OP and I would be under the table! :smile:

22 hours ago, GMX said:

I'd got home (8pm ish) I'd only drunk 550ml of liquid all day!!:oops:

Good Lord Ghana!!  I drink more than that in an hour (granted, that's alcohol not water...).

I hate the faults on clio cars  mk2 2005,had my brother old clio 1.2 16v,not that bad to drive and only 60k and had cambelt kit/pump done so ok...BUT.
Factory fitted sunroof,should just say with ''built in shower''.....speedo and revs are the same just miss some numbers like 10/30/50 meaning revs and
10/20/40 meaning m.p.h,the 30 is a dash,a few more but i would fill the page.
Saying that ok to drive,yes ok its 13 years old and not been in a newer one so they could of improved a lot but yes another french car.

My daughter used to have a Clio with a leaking sunroof that rattled constantly. You need to take the whole thing out including the frame if I remember there's about 16 screws and fit some draught excluding tape to the underside of the roof then refit the frame with some silicon sealant.

Alternatively just sell the car [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk
  • Like 1

You could have set it on fire except it would be too wet inside to catch [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

You could have set it on fire except it would be too wet inside to catch emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

True!!  My 405's sunroof leaks also, so I just taped it up as opposed to stripping the roof and repairing it.

I just take the Rover if it is warm out as that has AC anyway.

I don't like forgetting to get some coffee at Tesco tonight (again).  I forgot it yesterday too:sad: 

I went down for 3 things, cat litter, coffee and salad leaves and came back without the coffee:wacko:

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Good Lord Ghana!!  I drink more than that in an hour (granted, that's alcohol not water...).

i normally drink between 3-4 litres on a normal day

8 hours ago, iantt said:

our neighbourhood is corsa free.

Since the tenants opposite left last month with their 6 vauxhalls: my road is almost vauxhall free zone.  The only detractor being one of the couple on the bend, who have recently added an Insigna to their drive.

43 minutes ago, GMX said:

i normally drink between 3-4 litres on a normal day

So do I, unfortunately that is SA red wine...

19 hours ago, Philf1 said:

My daughter used to have a Clio with a leaking sunroof that rattled constantly. You need to take the whole thing out including the frame if I remember there's about 16 screws and fit some draught excluding tape to the underside of the roof then refit the frame with some silicon sealant.

Alternatively just sell the car emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Yes your right,taken 16 screws out and sealed it and back in and so far so good but when i had it as i didn't want to sell it being the work that has been done

on it i never knew so many stupid stuff needed doing,great little car to drive and only 60k on a 13 year old car but french cars ???? weird.

I don't like the heavy rain and high winds we are experiencing here in NE Scotland!! 

8 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the heavy rain and high winds we are experiencing here in NE Scotland!! 

Had to light the fire last night!!! :wacko:

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Had to light the fire last night!!! :wacko:

Crikey!  Not that bad here, but if it went down a few more degrees I would be contemplating it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club