Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like how the Mk1's remote battery decided to die this evening in Tesco car park. :ohmy: Just as I was about to move the shopping from the trolley to the car.  This of course just happened to be the key with the worn blade, that whilst isn't worn enough to not start the ignition: is worn enough to fail to open the door and tailgate locks:sad:  The remote is the only option for lock release, my other keys and remotes were at home:mellow:

After standing by the boot, pointing it whilst pressing both the boot release and the door buttons, alternately and repeatedly.  It finally, after what seemed like a lifetime:ohmy:, allowed one more boot release before dying completely.  Followed by the fiasco of entering the car via the tailgate, whilst not treading on the shopping getting there.

I really ought to take my phone shopping, there a diabolical Zafira YPLAC on the row opposite me, who managed to occupy 4 parking spaces, in more of an abandoned diagonal position rather than parked in the normal sense; and these were the extra wide spaces where Tesco used to have an access road.

On 27/04/2017 at 9:55 AM, jace1969 said:

When the @ on a M.S.I laptop don't work ( number 2 key ) so you have to press shift and ''  to get the @ and tried everything.

Small space bar so have a massive word,good job we have edit on stuff.

You hold shift and press the number 2 key and get  ''  which should be @ as it has it on the key but no its the '' key next to enter

to get the @

Another shortcut to get @ is to use ALT key. Hold down the ALT key and type in "64", then release the ALT key. when you release the ALT key @ will be displayed.

• Like 2

I don't like the thought of driving to Edinburgh this morning, and the dilemma of taking the Peugeot and killing my left leg or taking the Rover and killing my wallet!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the thought of driving to Edinburgh this morning, and the dilemma of taking the Peugeot and killing my left leg or taking the Rover and killing my wallet!

Killing the wallet will also take some pressure off the leg😉

speaking of killing wallets; this tropical fish tank pump is making noise like a fridge, I'm now in search for a quiet pump, went to petshop yesterday; they only had one model for sale, the guy didn't even ask me what model my existing unit was but guranteed the one there selling will be quieter 😀 could have been the exact same one, he didn't even ask, needles to say I didn't purchase; I've emailed a few places in the UK and awaiting response. Initial planned expenditure was €100 but I'm currently €147 in and now sourcing an alternative pump 😣 bad idea or what... 

And that's without fish yet isn't it @Lenny my sister had fish in her bedroom and at night they would pick up the little stones in their mouth and spit them out making a very low but extremely annoying noise, hope yours don't do that [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't much like that I charged my Ryobi 4.0Amp battery yesterday ready to use in the mower today, it was full at about 6pm and today it is dead. Homebase will be getting a visit today and I will be swapping the lot for a petrol mower.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

And that's without fish yet isn't it @Lenny my sister had fish in her bedroom and at night they would pick up the little stones in their mouth and spit them out making a very low but extremely annoying noise, hope yours don't do that emoji848.png

True 😧 not one fish added yet, but she's purchasing them herself in two weeks, ive taken this week off work to relax a bit but got roaped in to purchasing the aquarium and yesterday been in three differnt petshops 😣

hope they don't start with the stones or I'll be having some stern words 😡

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't much like that I charged my Ryobi 4.0Amp battery yesterday ready to use in the mower today, it was full at about 6pm and today it is dead. Homebase will be getting a visit today and I will be swapping the lot for a petrol mower.

Get yourself a Honda 👍 I have one 10 years now, service kits available too little induction filter and everything; but no modifications 😁 i can make it pop though bwaaam pop pop 😀

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Get yourself a Honda 👍 I have one 10 years now, service kits available too little induction filter and everything; but no modifications 😁 i can make it pop though bwaaam pop pop 😀

I bought a petrol Husqvarna mower off eBay - £21 in Auction, only problem listed was it did not self propel anymore, and collection from about 60 miles away. Original idea was to have it for spares for my current mower (same engine).

On getting it home, I decided I would actually just use my old mower for spares as this one is pristine (and the self propelling issue is only because the clutch cable is broken!).

• Like 2

I don't like having to desolder and rewire an LED reverse bulb, as apparently my car has been wired wrong from the factory. Not a problem with a standard filament bulb (as polarity doesn't matter), but definitely matters with LED (The center pin in my reverse bulb socket is negative, and the outside positive). Wondered why it didn't work initially when I got it!

• Like 1

I don't like parking next to an Esso Supreme Unleaded pump instead of the regular and then being too lazy to move the Rover and deciding just to fill it with Supreme, costing £70!!  On the plus side she does seem to prefer the higher octane fuel and runs quite a bit smoother.  After covering over 1,000 miles in less than a month and not complaining, I think the old girl deserves some higher quality fuel for a change!

• Like 3

Get yourself a Honda [emoji106] I have one 10 years now, service kits available too little induction filter and everything; but no modifications [emoji16] i can make it pop though bwaaam pop pop [emoji3]

I went back yesterday and picked up a petrol 140cc 4stroke Ryobi mower. It certainly looks the part and the self propelling element works great. Unfortunately it started leaking oil so it too is going back. I'm not too unspent about that as it was possibly a bit of overkill for my garden. It was also pretty heavy, weighing 30kg I really struggled to turn it at the end of each pass, I have very little core strength/stability since I broke my back [emoji853]

My budget won't stretch to a Honda unfortunately lol. I'm considering getting a corded mower but not sure about the power from it.

• Like 1

@Jonro2009  bought two "hardy fish" today well according to the pet shop there hardy but I didn't see any sailor tatoo's on them or anything 😁 he says if they die bring down a water sample 😦 I put in aquasafe and safestart stuff last Sunday I'm down €294 at this point now.

put them in there at 15:45 checked in them at 17:00 and there both dead 😐 I have officially they most expensive 55litre basin of water in history... Que The animal wrights activists 

30 minutes ago, Lenny said:

@Jonro2009  bought two "hardy fish" today well according to the pet shop there hardy but I didn't see any sailor tatoo's on them or anything 😁 he says if they die bring down a water sample 😦 I put in aquasafe and safestart stuff last Sunday I'm down €294 at this point now.

put them in there at 15:45 checked in them at 17:00 and there both dead 😐 I have officially they most expensive 55litre basin of water in history... Que The animal wrights activists 

when i was young we had fish in the family as pets, went through several of them (RIP fishies), and eventually just admitted that we were useless at keeping them, and never tried again lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Incontro said:

when i was young we had fish in the family as pets, went through several of them (RIP fishies), and eventually just admitted that we were useless at keeping them, and never tried again lol.

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

The 80's! :cool:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Incontro said:

The 80's! :cool:

i was aiming at the pet shop and how perhaps i hadnt taken care 😁

Caught one of the fish which i thought was dead; in a glass and it started to move si i put in some water and it came to life,

I put it back in tank and it stopped swimming again 😁 ive checked the fish there and there alive again but quite lazy just attaching themselves to the walls of the tank and that's it.

20170504_175906.jpg

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I went back yesterday and picked up a petrol 140cc 4stroke Ryobi mower. It certainly looks the part and the self propelling element works great. Unfortunately it started leaking oil so it too is going back. I'm not too unspent about that as it was possibly a bit of overkill for my garden. It was also pretty heavy, weighing 30kg I really struggled to turn it at the end of each pass, I have very little core strength/stability since I broke my back emoji853.png

My budget won't stretch to a Honda unfortunately lol. I'm considering getting a corded mower but not sure about the power from it.

I've got a spare petrol mower if you want it, it isn't self-propel however!

41 minutes ago, Lenny said:

i was aiming at the pet shop and how perhaps i hadnt taken care 😁

Caught one of the fish which i thought was dead; in a glass and it started to move si i put in some water and it came to life,

I put it back in tank and it stopped swimming again 😁 ive checked the fish there and there alive again but quite lazy just attaching themselves to the walls of the tank and that's it.

20170504_175906.jpg

The water in the tank is obviously not healthy for them.  Did you not say you were meant to leave the tank for a week or two before introducing fish?

• Like 1

I've got a spare petrol mower if you want it, it isn't self-propel however!

That's really kind of you bud, my neighbour has said I can just get a shot of his for now, I know I can use that one. It's a Qualcast one, it's pretty good but I just can't make my mind up lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

That's really kind of you bud, my neighbour has said I can just get a shot of his for now, I know I can use that one. It's a Qualcast one, it's pretty good but I just can't make my mind up lol

I need to check if it still runs mind you, but let me know if you are ever interested and I'll stick it in the Volvo.  Electric mowers are the easiest to use and if you have an extension cable long enough they are probably the most convenient.  Qualcast is a good make, or it used to be at least!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

The water in the tank is obviously not healthy for them.  Did you not say you were meant to leave the tank for a week or two before introducing fish?

Was supposed to leave it a week but thought would have been long enough now 😕

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Was supposed to leave it a week but thought would have been long enough now 😕

Unfortunately not, fish are very sensitive.

• Like 1

I need to check if it still runs mind you, but let me know if you are ever interested and I'll stick it in the Volvo.  Electric mowers are the easiest to use and if you have an extension cable long enough they are probably the most convenient.  Qualcast is a good make, or it used to be at least!

I've never used an electric mower, always petrol. The one I'm looking at is a Bosch Rotak ergo 40-17. It has a 10m cable and I have a 25m extension. I use an electric line trimmer and the extension cable is plenty long enough to get around the front and back gardens. I just don't know how easy they are to push along the grass.

@Jonro2009  bought two "hardy fish" today well according to the pet shop there hardy but I didn't see any sailor tatoo's on them or anything [emoji16] he says if they die bring down a water sample [emoji46] I put in aquasafe and safestart stuff last Sunday I'm down €294 at this point now.
put them in there at 15:45 checked in them at 17:00 and there both dead [emoji52] I have officially they most expensive 55litre basin of water in history... Que The animal wrights activists 

I remember when we used to win goldfish at the fair and just horse them into any kind of container we could find when we got home, and they would live for years. I think fish are getting to precious lol. Our goldfish were in a plastic circular conical bowl that had a plastic base and a plastic top that looked like one of those aero frisbee's

4 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I remember when we used to win goldfish at the fair and just horse them into any kind of container we could find when we got home, and they would live for years. I think fish are getting to precious lol. Our goldfish were in a plastic circular conical bowl that had a plastic base and a plastic top that looked like one of those aero frisbee's

One of our longest surviving fish was from Peter Fair believe it or not.  Mind you, I don't think that was because it was healthy, but probably just taking the longest time to die!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club