Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 minute ago, martyntdci said:

I hate the fact this week is 5 days and not 3 like last week...... 

And to top it off you only get a poxy 2 days off at the end of it before starting another 5!!! 😂

I've got another week off in Feb so I guess the weekends will just have to do for now.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, StWou7 said:
Tuned into Radio 2 for the first time today at the grand age of 34 [emoji1].....actually quite like it (i had Virgin radio but cannot STAND Chris Evans so wont be listening to them anymore)

I'm the opposite - I like Chris Evans and might follow him to Virgin. The downside is that Virgin DAB coverage is a bit sketchy in the first 10 minutes of my commute, and OMG the adverts are so annoying compared to BBC! No I don't want to hire a van or claim for an injury at work :wacko:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WES180 said:

And to top it off you only get a poxy 2 days off at the end of it before starting another 5!!! 😂

I've got another week off in Feb so I guess the weekends will just have to do for now.

The Struggle is Real, 

I've been working six days per week past two years, But this year I'm taking every third Saturday off, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The Struggle is Real, 

I've been working six days per week past two years, But this year I'm taking every third Saturday off, 

What do you do for a job then Lenny?

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

What do you do for a job then Lenny?

My job title is a "chemical process operator" basically I manufacture pharmaceuticals using reactors which basically range in size from 200 to 8000 litre tank with a mixer and heating/cooling with a condenser on top of it for reflux or strip off of solvent some are glass others are hastily, 

Use other methods such as centrifuges, filter dryers, tray dryers, distillation units and various grinding machines for powder processing in clean room environments, 

Sort of like breaking bad except it's fully licenced and highly regulated, just follow the instructions for ingredients on the record like making a cake, 

I really enjoy it, not to labour intensive maybe two hours labour per day, then when its in there the rest is controlled and monitored by computer interface 

• Like 1

Sounds like a good job to have Lenny especially with the salary you mentioned earlier. Do you have a relevant degree for that role or is it not required?

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

The Struggle is Real, 

Treating yourself I see haha

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Sounds like a good job to have Lenny especially with the salary you mentioned earlier. Do you have a relevant degree for that role or is it not required?

Wasn't required mate, all pharmaceutical manufacturing or packing jobs tend to me fairly well paid and they train you to there standard of procedures, I started off in a vetenary manufacturing plant in 2002, im now in human manufacturing which pays more than vetenary manufacturing But once your in one place it's easy to transfer to others, 

Takes around two years to learn the basics of gowning procedure aswell as vacuuming down things to remove oxygen then replacing with nitrogen before introducing solvents but once mastered the process is much the same throughout the industry, 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

lol :smile:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Wasn't required mate, all pharmaceutical manufacturing or packing jobs tend to me fairly well paid and they train you to there standard of procedures, I started off in a vetenary manufacturing plant in 2002, im now in human manufacturing which pays more than vetenary manufacturing But once your in one place it's easy to transfer to others, 

Takes around two years to learn the basics of gowning procedure aswell as vacuuming down things to remove oxygen then replacing with nitrogen before introducing solvents but once mastered the process is much the same throughout the industry, 

Fork lift licence, GMP training, manual handling and 5's training would all help but provided by the companies. 

sounds a great job :smile:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

giphy.gif.c1d8b3f50b6f5deb1c487bd54bb452d3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tend to see jobs like yours Lenny mostly on Continental shift patterns around here. That is the problem for me really because as much as I would like to earn more money I don't want to lose my time in the day with my daughter. I'm at home now for 4.5hrs then back in work later. That will change this year though once she starts at playgroup. Once she starts primary school I am going to shorten my break in the day so I can be home by 17:30 allowing us all to eat together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I tend to see jobs like yours Lenny mostly on continental shift patterns around here. That is the problem for me really because as much as I would like to earn more money I don't want to lose my time in the day with my daughter. I'm at home now for 4.5hrs then back in work later. That will change this year though once she starts at playgroup. Once she starts primary school I am going to shorten my break in the day so I can be home by 17:30 allowing us all to eat together.

Yeah it's always shift changes each week: 7-3 day 3-11 evening then 11-7 night, Only shift I don't see the kids on really is 3-11 evenings, it's the worst as waiting around to go in to work and don't get to see the kids but I drop them to school in the mornings and there mother is at home 24/7  

Other places are 4 days on 4 days off 12hr days and 12hr nights but they tend to operate 365 days including Christmas 

3-11 is a horrible shift, ive only done it briefly when i was younger and i hated it.

When I was at the printers the hours were the best I've ever known. Early shift 06:00 - 12:15 Mon- Thurs, 06:00 - 16:00 on Fridays.

Afternoon shift was 12:15 - 21:00 Mon- Thursday, Friday off!!! 

3 day weekend every other week was great.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

3 day weekend every other week was great.

🤩I wouldn't know what to do with myself 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lenny said:

🤩I wouldn't know what to do with myself 

I bet you would :punk:

• Haha 1

I can remember when I first got with the misses and found out she was pregnant, she got told she would have to move out which meant I needed more money to kit a home out. then I used to work 09:00-1600 then 21:00-05:00 5 and 4 days a week to get money asap. I hated that then after a while my neighbour asked me if I wanted work in Ireland shop fitting in dunnes stores I jumped at it, but tbh didn't realise I would be away from hone 3/4 weeks at a time. sad times missing my son growing up, I was to concentrated on the money to support 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Managed to get an outside picture 🤣

_20190107_204110.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

shiny 

Accidentally put this in the wrong topic 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I carnt say nothing bad, except for where its parked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

I can remember when I first got with the misses and found out she was pregnant, she got told she would have to move out which meant I needed more money to kit a home out. then I used to work 09:00-1600 then 21:00-05:00 5 and 4 days a week to get money asap. I hated that then after a while my neighbour asked me if I wanted work in Ireland shop fitting in dunnes stores I jumped at it, but tbh didn't realise I would be away from hone 3/4 weeks at a time. sad times missing my son growing up, I was to concentrated on the money to support 

Can't ever have enough money when there small, The grow out of clothes in a matter of weeks, all my time off I spend with the family aswell,

Speaking of home improvements; i started a DIY thread few years ago after Santa wrecked the fireplace 

Might be an interesting read for insomniacs  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Accidentally put this in the wrong topic 🤣

Wish I had a few times 😂

Whoops wrong hole luv

1 minute ago, martyntdci said:

I carnt say nothing bad, except for where its parked

Parked behind the stock model to really show off the mods 👍

• Haha 1

going read now, love home improvements

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club