Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Hope you get better 👍.

Thanks 👍

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've read automated car washes work well... :wink: :laugh:

Never! 😂

Actually if I put it away in the garage dirty while I'm away I might have a treat for it when I return - I was in for a delivery for my wife a couple of days ago and the box had "Auto Finesse" written down the side in big letters...

https://www.autofinesse.co.uk/

• Like 1

@TomsFocus the Alka-Seltzer carmed my stomach down to the point where I don't feel close to the erj of vomiting. I'd say this and ENO helped me prevent vomiting. The next morning after that experience I lost my appetite as I had that fear of feeling sick again if I eat which I think is normal. Ever since I was little and got sick I just don't like the pain when vomiting. You also lose your appetite which I also don't like. Once I struggled to eat and it took me I think a few weeks to get my appetite back. From these experiences I carry a bottle of water with Alka-Seltzer in it. Take it when I go out. Luckily as Im getting older I don't constantly think about my stomach. When I go uni luckily I don't even think of my stomach so just goes to show you need to do things to keep your mind occupied. 

It's best to keep your mind occupied with something as I feel these things are just triggered from unnecessary overthinking. If only things can't be triggered physiologically you won't get physiological disorders. 

Have you looked at the treatments for IBS? It's better to suppress it then getting the full thing. Hopefully it flares down when you get older. 

• Like 1

I'm supposed to be at my work Christmas meal eating steak now 🤒

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm supposed to be at my work Christmas meal eating steak now 🤒

I know that feeling. Well I hardly go out with friends but I know 😂. Best thing to do is just rest, take your medicine and do something to make the day go by. With me I'd just play on the PS4 or mainly just try to do my work. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, zain611 said:

It's best to keep your mind occupied with something as I feel these things are just triggered from unnecessary overthinking. If only things can't be triggered physiologically you won't get physiological disorders. 

Have you looked at the treatments for IBS? It's better to suppress it then getting the full thing. Hopefully it flares down when you get older. 

Yeah, that's what makes it so difficult to work out, whether it's actually something I've eaten that doesn't agree with me or whether it's been triggered psychologically!  I can't take pills but will avoid foods that I know cause me issues, however it's so hard to work out which food it is.  Plus I try to avoid stress...so that goes well... :laugh: I also find that trying any new food now triggers a panic reaction so it's impossible to tell whether the food was 'safe' or not. I do try and occupy myself during the day but lately it's got really bad at night, and how can we occupy our mind at night?  I also get a constant swallowing thing at night (again triggered by anxiety) which makes things worse by adding fluid and diluting stomach acid causing reflux and indigestion, and then the need to wee in the middle of the night, but it's not a voluntary thing so again impossible to stop.  The only thing I can do to try and occupy my mind at night is put the radio on (low volume so as not to disturb the neighbours) but that's not really as effective as I'd like it to be.  

I've put up with stomach & bowel issues for the last 20 or so years so I don't see it getting any better with age unfortunately.  If anything it gets worse every time I go through an event like that, or even just hearing about other peoples events, it sort of reinforces the fact that these things WILL happen at some point...which is a constant worry when I know I can't cope with those events. :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Found something odd this morning!  I've got one of those geeky weather stations with an external temp sensor, it's been reading funny for the last couple of days...it definitely isn't 20c outside!  Thought the external sensor may need new batteries so changed them but still the same...  Just noticed the internal one is set to pick up the wrong channel! :rolleyes:  Reset it and it's correct again now.  I can't work out where the other reading is coming from though, I guess one of my neighbours may have recently got a compatible sensor but what are the chances!?  And surely they can't transmit that far!? :unsure: :laugh: 

• Like 1

I don't like it when the Mrs says "Well, that's the shopping finished with" 'cos I just know we'll be going again at the last minute! So, just returned from Sainsbury's with a bootful of stuff, nearly had a Focus reverse in to me in the car park (no-one on here, I'm sure!), but back home in one piece and hopefully that's it.

Can I wish all fellow moaners on this thread the compliments of the season and hope that you all have a happy New Year without too much to complain about😀

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Can I wish all fellow moaners on this thread the compliments of the season and hope that you all have a happy New Year without too much to complain about😀

Thanks Roger, same to you too!  My new years resolution is 'to be more positive'...wonder how long I can go without posting in this thread! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, that's what makes it so difficult to work out, whether it's actually something I've eaten that doesn't agree with me or whether it's been triggered psychologically!  I can't take pills but will avoid foods that I know cause me issues, however it's so hard to work out which food it is.  Plus I try to avoid stress...so that goes well... :laugh: I also find that trying any new food now triggers a panic reaction so it's impossible to tell whether the food was 'safe' or not. I do try and occupy myself during the day but lately it's got really bad at night, and how can we occupy our mind at night?  I also get a constant swallowing thing at night (again triggered by anxiety) which makes things worse by adding fluid and diluting stomach acid causing reflux and indigestion, and then the need to wee in the middle of the night, but it's not a voluntary thing so again impossible to stop.  The only thing I can do to try and occupy my mind at night is put the radio on (low volume so as not to disturb the neighbours) but that's not really as effective as I'd like it to be.  

I've put up with stomach & bowel issues for the last 20 or so years so I don't see it getting any better with age unfortunately.  If anything it gets worse every time I go through an event like that, or even just hearing about other peoples events, it sort of reinforces the fact that these things WILL happen at some point...which is a constant worry when I know I can't cope with those events. :rolleyes:  

When I go hospital to volunteer most of the time when I come home my stomach feels funny. I've been going there 4 hours a week for nearly 3 years and I haven't caught anything from what I remember so that reinforces my thought that Im not sick. I normally get there at 12 and stay for 2 hours before going home and having a brunch. That feeling from what I think is just hunger. I try not to limit myself on food as since those times I'd be sick and lose my appetite I'd worry that will I ever get my appetite back again and become aneraxic. 

I understand the swallowing thing as that's something me and I think others do when you have a sore throat. Your swallowing air which just gets trapped in your stomach giving you indigestion. Indigestion is something I just over worry about when I get it which I think just makes it worse and makes me think I'm sick. 

Stress is a hard thing to avoid. I think for me driving can be a little stressful as I like to keep my eyes open for bad drivers especially those who like to cut in. On Monday I took the train (after a long time) to visit my dissertation supervisor where she dissected a mouse 😂. To be honest I felt so relaxed on the train. Only thing I thought was it was quiet at that time so I'd wonder how busy it would be in the mornings and if there were delays. Stuff like it being busy and delays would just add stress. I don't going to the loo in the middle of the night is a bad thing. I always hear footsteps of someone going to the toilet late night. 

Something you could try is watching TV to put you asleep. Something I used to do when I was younger and my parents didn't like as they had to switch it off😂. You can set the time for it to turn off automatically. 

Do keep yourself active and not sitting at home for the whole day. When your just sitting down doing nothing you tend to think about things most likely negative. With me I tend to think about the girl I used to like and not see since we don't go to the same uni. I find having a dream about her mainly triggers my emotional upset but luckily that goes away when I'm fully awake. If I do something like I used to travel to the fish shop it would occupy me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Roger, same to you too!  My new years resolution is 'to be more positive'...wonder how long I can go without posting in this thread! :biggrin: 

Mine too and work less hours 

Been working six days per week since Christmas 2016 going to try five days per week next year, 

I also don't like that three or four people have suddenly appeared down our local town claiming to be homeless sitting on the street from 8am-7pm then getting on the bus to Dublin,

returning off the bus for 8am the following day to sit on the street again, 

Haven't been saw around here before and there not from this side of Europe neither, I'm all in favour of helping the homeless and I have given to relevant charity before, 

But these people are clean shaven and get the bus together 

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Found something odd this morning!  I've got one of those geeky weather stations with an external temp sensor, it's been reading funny for the last couple of days...it definitely isn't 20c outside!  Thought the external sensor may need new batteries so changed them but still the same...  Just noticed the internal one is set to pick up the wrong channel! :rolleyes:  Reset it and it's correct again now.  I can't work out where the other reading is coming from though, I guess one of my neighbours may have recently got a compatible sensor but what are the chances!?  And surely they can't transmit that far!? :unsure: :laugh: 

What weather station is it?

I've got a Davis Vantage Vue and they reckon 'up to' 300 meters I think, but obviously less in the real world. So could be a few houses away. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

What weather station is it?

I've got a Davis Vantage Vue and they reckon 'up to' 300 meters I think, but obviously less in the real world. So could be a few houses away. 

Ah, mine aren't expensive ones like that tbf.  I've actually got three of them.  This particular one is an Oregon Scientific.

There are probably about 15 other flats within 300 metres, I really didn't think it'd be more than about 50 metres!

I also have an old one (over 12 years old now) that I can't remember the brand.  The other is a really cheap one from Lidl that I bought my Nan shortly before she died.  The LIDL one is surprisingly accurate!  And yes I've double checked to make sure none of them match the odd reading on the other one.

Aye, they are a bit pricey right enough! Glad I didn't pay for mine, I rescued it from a recycling center 😉

Just had to buy a wind vane for it so far but now the actual wind direction cartridge had seized so I'll get one of them after Christmas.

If you can connect your Oregon to your computer you could possibly use a clever bit of software called Cumulus. It's a wee bit of a faff but it's a nice way to display what the weather is doing and has done. 

https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk

• Like 2

Things I don't like - Waiting for Father Christmas to come!!!

Hurry up, I've been a good boy all year, honest!

Only one more sleep. I tried going asleep at 2pm hoping to sleep right through but just woke up 2hrs later so that'll be me awake until the early hours now. Maybe I will get to see him! 😀

• Haha 1

I don't like how busy it is today. Went out to get cards and flowers for my mums birthday and the supermarkets are full of cars. 

I don't like how busy it is today. Went out to get cards and flowers for my mums birthday and the supermarkets are full of cars. 
Damn these car owners!

• Like 1

Use your key to lock cars over the festive season,

Local woman here went to Tesco car park locked car with fob, 

Came out of Tesco car boot was emptied of presents and a turkey 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zain611 said:

flos-cafe.thumb.jpg.a836761d5bc18bb5ccbad3b49f163fb5.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I went to our local Asda at 06:45 this morning and it was practically dead with fully stocked shelves, I was pleasantly surprised!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I went to our local Asda at 06:45 this morning and it was practically dead with fully stocked shelves, I was pleasantly surprised!

Doughnut celebration in the car park 😅

Make the most of the free space 

#WowAWowWow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Doughnut celebration in the car park 😅

Make the most of the free space 

Sadly no snow or ice otherwise it'd be rude not too! 😀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Two trays from McDonald's under each rear wheel, check it out on YouTube tray drifting 

Have to get used to the climate change ice ain't coming no more 😀 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WES180 said:

I'd be enjoying myself on the road putting up the handbrake 😂. Last time it snowed was in March. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club