Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that it's been 10 months since I started trying to sort out my small 1 bed flat. Various things have cropped up since it was started (family loss, covid-19). 
It's quite hard to find units that match and fit in the space I have got. 
I need more storage space for a lot of junk I have accumulated over the years but trying to match a wardrobe with chests of drawers, bedside units etc is really hard. 
It's even harder when some family members are still shielding/isolating and can't go in shops like Ikea and other family members are unable to come help due to their jobs and the risk they pose to others. 

• Sad 2

I've got all that to come...  Still haven't been able to find a suitable place to move to despite the revised budget...beginning to think they just don't build what I'm after!  :unsure:  At least not locally anyway...  Going to have to move soon though, probably out of the fire and into the frying pan knowing my luck!

Regarding the laptop, it took over 10 minutes to switch on this morning but no 'update' message, literally just a blank backlit screen, somethings definitely not right lol.  The options to update have disappeared from the power menu so maybe it did complete the update but I've got no idea.  I use it every day so it should be fairly well up to date!!

The new battery is still going strong though, did over 4 hours on battery yesterday, so there's one positive at least! :smile: 

• Like 1

I like and don't like major work starting in the house. Parents are making a new kitchen. Dad removed the tiles in the kitchen and passage to put new ones in and is currently removing the cement which was beneath them to get to the wood. Was doing the heavy work picking up buckets of the tiles and putting them in the skip. 

Got a skip outside the house now which now adds paranoia of people dumping their rubbish in it. Just today someone dumped rubbish 🤦‍♂️. The stupid thing is these people threw their bank statements in it and had their address on it 😂. My sister went to the house and they were embarrassed and luckily took the rubbish away. Dad has his car parked opposite with his dashcam facing the house but it stops recording when it notices the battery voltage going below a certain voltage. 

Screenshot_20200729-174602.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I like and don't like major work starting in the house. Parents are making a new kitchen. Dad removed the tiles in the kitchen and passage to put new ones in and is currently removing the cement which was beneath them to get to the wood. Was doing the heavy work picking up buckets of the tiles and putting them in the skip. 

Got a skip outside the house now which now adds paranoia of people dumping their rubbish in it. Just today someone dumped rubbish 🤦‍♂️. The stupid thing is these people threw their bank statements in it and had their address on it 😂. My sister went to the house and they were embarrassed and luckily took the rubbish away. Dad has his car parked opposite with his dashcam facing the house but it stops recording when it notices the battery voltage going below a certain voltage. 

Screenshot_20200729-174602.png

I've heard of this happening to so many people; thankfully though the two times we had to get a skip; i had it arrive mid week just like yourselves as there's less people around compared to weekends, and I had everything stacked in the back garden ready to go straight in to it, 

So when it arrived we had all of our waste loaded in to it within two hours; so any space left was free to anyone else, another problem is people removing items from it and leaving your waste on the ground around it items they may remove to gain access to the item which caught there eye. 

Some people have no neck, skip ain't cheap neither that medium sized skip would be €290 here 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I've heard of this happening to so many people; thankfully though the two times we had to get a skip; i had it arrive mid week just like yourselves as there's less people around compared to weekends, and I had everything stacked in the back garden ready to go straight in to it, 

So when it arrived we had all of our waste loaded in to it within two hours; so any space left was free to anyone else, another problem is people removing items from it and leaving your waste on the ground around it items they may remove to gain access to the item which caught there eye. 

Some people have no neck, skip ain't cheap neither that medium would be €290 here 

Yeah it's annoying. Think the skip is staying till mid August. Still have to remove the kitchen cabinets to throw in and the oven and extracter. Gonna keep an eye out for anymore fly tipping. Think dad is going to keep the front door open so people know there's someone home. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Yeah it's annoying. Think the skip is staying till mid August. Still have to remove the kitchen cabinets to throw in and the oven and extracter. Gonna keep an eye out for anymore fly tipping. Think dad is going to keep the front door open so people know there's someone home. 

Mid August? Your going to be posting on here about that skip ALOT!!! 😂 

If it was me; I'd leave the cooker and waste appliances next to the skip for 24hrs before putting them in as it will save someone time taking it back out lol 

Put a for sale sign on the appliances situated next to the skip and I guarantee they will be technically stolen.

Mate of mine had a fridge placed outside his apartment block with a sign saying"free" was there a week untouched, changed "free" to "for sale" and it was gone within hours well technically stolen 😝 have some fun with it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigLen said:

Mid August? Your going to be posting on here about that skip ALOT!!! 😂 

If it was me; I'd leave the cooker and waste appliances next to the skip for 24hrs before putting them in as it will save someone time taking it back out lol 

Put a for sale sign on the appliances situated next to the skip and I guarantee they will be technically stolen.

Mate of mine had a fridge placed outside his apartment block with a sign saying"free" was there a week untouched, changed "free" to "for sale" and it was gone within hours well technically stolen 😝 have some fun with it

Yeah the parents left a working microwave and tube lights outside and today they are gone 😂

Lol I just hope I don't get anymore fly tippers. Want to make sure dad's camera is recording 

• Like 1

Waitrose.  We are having a few days away in Anglesey and the nearest supermarket is Waitrose.

Everything in there seems to be unnecessarily more expensive than anywhere else.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Waitrose.  We are having a few days away in Anglesey and the nearest supermarket is Waitrose.

Everything in there seems to be unnecessarily more expensive than anywhere else.

It's a nicer ambiance in there though, keeps the poor people out... :biggrin:  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a nicer ambiance in there though, keeps the poor people out... :biggrin:  

Bit too posh for me including M&S 😂. Went to a M&S a few months back. Actually not bad food they sell. Got a lobster sandwich which was delicious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our M&S is next to Poundland, the carpark has an invisible wealth line through the middle of it!  I like to play a fun game of guessing which one each car is going to... 

Battered Previa with one wheel trim, a dangling mirror and cig ash down the door...they must be going to Poundla...oh no, wait...M&S?  Surely not!?  Ah, they turned left through the door, only gone in to use the toilet before heading into Poundland... :laugh: 

• Haha 3

The motor insurance industry! 

Got my renewal in for my motorbike and it was £379 from Bennett’s. The letter said “best quote available from our panel of underwriters”. Fair enough I though, but I will just do a comparison as that seems expensive. 

Sure enough on price comparison site there are quotes as low as £171! Including one from Bennett’s themselves at £227!! I smell a rat. I called Bennett’s and they gave me a very half-hearted explanation, and then I got them to cancel the renewal and put me through as a new customer but at £201. I didn’t like any of the insurers who were offering at less than that. Very suspicious now of this lot too but if I keep scratching off everyone that annoys me I’ll have no one left to insure me!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

The motor insurance industry! 

Got my renewal in for my motorbike and it was £379 from Bennett’s. The letter said “best quote available from our panel of underwriters”. Fair enough I though, but I will just do a comparison as that seems expensive. 

Sure enough on price comparison site there are quotes as low as £171! Including one from Bennett’s themselves at £227!! I smell a rat. I called Bennett’s and they gave me a very half-hearted explanation, and then I got them to cancel the renewal and put me through as a new customer but at £201. I didn’t like any of the insurers who were offering at less than that. Very suspicious now of this lot too but if I keep scratching off everyone that annoys me I’ll have no one left to insure me!

I'm annoyed with my renewal for the ST, I'm with Elephant (Admiral Group) and they want £96 more than last year,
They gave me back £25 because they were swimming in money during lockdown, why now add 20%??
I'll be getting quotes until the final week before I contact them, then I'll likely switch to Esure saving £120 if they can't do better.

• Like 1

ive just heard that Argos wont be releasing anymore catalogues. 

what am o going to look at when sitting on the toilet from now on.. 

• Like 1

I've had a rollercoaster day today...

I sold a motorbike a few months ago, and only when I went to do the ownership transfer online I noticed that the V5 was still showing my old address! I was expecting a tax refund of about £100 so I wrote a letter to my old address and put a stamped addressed envelope asking them to keep an eye out for the cheque from DVLA and fire it over when it arrived. Received the envelope back yesterday, but in it was a letter from the court saying I have an unpaid fine issued by the Procurator Fiscal!

Called the court this morning to find out what was going on, and apparently they issued a fine because the vehicle was showing as uninsured on the 31st of December. Straight away I remembered back to a conversation I had on this forum back in April I think when I checked and found it wasn't showing as insured on the MID. I called my insurer back then and got them to sort it out, thinking nothing of it. When I heard this from the court I thought great, I can get this sorted because it was insured, it just wasn't registered on the database.

I then called the insurers to get them to provide proof for me to send to the court, and then discovered that I had actually made a mistake in giving the reg number, so technically it wasn't insured at all! I'm hoping that the Procurator Fiscal will accept it as a genuine mistake and cancel the fine. If not I'm happy to pay the fine and accept it as a costly mistake, as long as they don't try and give me penalty points. Not sure they can as I wasn't caught driving without insurance. Just didn't have insurance in place. 

@Stoney871 maybe you could clarify as I was unaware that they could issue fines like that. Could this lead to penalty points if I can't get it crossed off? 

• Confused 1

I'm not up on Scottish law I'm afraid, you do it a bit strange up there [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm not up on Scottish law I'm afraid, you do it a bit strange up there emoji854.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’ve just heard back from my friend who is a TC up here and he’s confirmed I can’t get points, just a fine. Huge relief. 

Hoping I will get away from the fine too but good to know that’s worst case. 

• Like 2

I feel for those folk who have been shielding this year, I'm only on day 8 of self isolation and it's so irritating not being able to just pop to the shop to get a loaf of bread  or DIY centre to get a pot of paint. 

• Like 1

I don't like having to work on another beautiful day!!  Could be getting the garden sorted and later on enjoying a cold Guinness outside admiring my work...  Ah well, I can still do the Guinness bit after work if I ignore the weeds :laugh:

• Like 1

I don't like putting six cans of beer in the fridge only to later wonder why I bothered as they were gong fast and I never actually consumed a cold one '#DrinkAware 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like my inconsiderate neighbours friends parking and blocking my drive. 
The flats I live in share a drive with another house at the front but their friends etc seem to forget that part of the driveway leads to our flats and we need access in and out. 
The said neighbours are having a party in their back garden and drinking so when I need to go out tonight at about 8pm, no one will be able to move it and I won't be able to go do the checks I need to do at my mums house. 

• Like 1

Why can't they move it now permanently somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

Why can't they move it now permanently somewhere else. 

because they've already been drinking. 

Not your problem , theres to sort. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club