Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate Insurance !

chan1a

Just paid 80 for 2 weeks on my sisters fiesta while I fix mine but when I first passed my text it was 74 for 4 weeks how does that work !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

short term cover is easy money for insurers. They just take advantage of it and the need to be covered.

It would have probably worked out cheaper to have your insurance swapped to that car, then just an "admin fee" to pay which can vary a lot. They should abolish those admin fees really, just charge you the 1p it costs them to print out a new insurance certificate.

It is just until I fix my car for mot and Iv already paid for a year insurance on my own one x

Hate Insurance ?

You might not should you need to make a claim , or more importantly are claimed against & your insurance covers your liability . . .

I'm just annoyed at the fact I was insured before for 4 weeks and it was less but now it's more for 2 weeks

Insurance whilst I hate it, is a god send....

The first cackshall that crashed into me last year is still ongoing and going to court, the driver either had an invalid policy, or wasnt even named as the driver of the vehicle so was uninsured :| claims going against his insurer though, but they are going to be trying to get about 12k out of him by the end of it!

• Like 1

Just paid 80 for 2 weeks on my sisters fiesta while I fix mine but when I first passed my text it was 74 for 4 weeks how does that work !!!

Surely would have been cheaper to put you on there for the rest of the policy regardless of whether you drove it or not lol

I had a quote of 50odd quid for a weeks worth of cover on my sisters car... Then got insured as a named driver for the remaining 6months of the policy for £35

The mind boggles!

Yeah temporary cover is just silly. I was thinking of getting temp cover for a few weeks so that my insurance would then be due the same time as my tax and service etc as it should be. Checked the prices and not only can they only do it for a month, but the cost of that month comes surprisingly close to quotes I've had for a full year :blink:

I had this when my mate let me borrow his car for a few weeks. They wanted £30 odd a week for me to be on it short term, or it was £22 to be on it for the remainder of the year.

It went up if I wanted to be a named driver it was 138 a month

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club