Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 16V Hissing Sound

michaelshrimpton

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section (first post)

My car is idling rough, and seems to have a lack of power - struggles with hills etc & intermittently won't start (more so cold start). I have nothing to compare the car to as its my first car.

I had the bonnet open yesterday and took the air box off and could hear a loud hissing from the right side of engine (as you look at it). I finally manged to track where the hissing was coming from and it seems to be coming from the fuel line -or the fuel pressure regulator valve. I'm not 100% sure if it was from the valve or the hose connecting has a split in it.

Question is, is it normal for there to be hissing from this area on this type of engine - and also could this hissing be causing the rough idle and lack of power?

Any help or advice would extremely appreciated! :)

Thanks.

The vacuum comes from the intake manifold so any leak will cause idle problems.

Seems you have located the problem.

oh good thank you, would this lead to the car not starting sometimes too? and feeling a bit sluggish?

I don't know.

Its worth pulling the HT leads and checking the spark plug wells are free of water as this is a fairly common issue.

plugs and leads have been changed recently so i doubt its them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club