Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taking Live Feed From Interior Light

Jarhead

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a '06 plate mk 2 focus. I normally have my mobile phone to the top right of the windscreen so I can see and access it easily. What I would like to do is add power, along with a 3.5mm jack so I can play music and not worry about the phone going flat.

The 3.5mm jack I can cover with a extension cable using the aux connection, running through the car to the other side and up the (I hope) drivers side front column surround.

The power I thought I could take from the interior light, as in I could cut into the loom before the switch so that there is always a live feed regardless of the light being on or not.

Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do? Are there other alternatives?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Phil

I don't think the light loom has sufficient amps to charge a phone.

An option is to piggyback off the back of the lighter socket and run a cable under the dash and up the A pillar.

Thanks for the tip stoney, I overlooked something so simple. Have ordered the parts and intend to split a feed to the location in a few weeks.

• Like 1

the fuse tap is by far the easiest and safest way.

post-64392-0-67888500-1428166137_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club