Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 1.5 Ecoboost Has An Issue But Ford Are Fobbing Us Off

alexp999

My dealer is due another 1.5 in this week, which he is going to let me go out in.

Seems I said the magic word to Ford customer relations too, "Escalate".

I am now scheduled a call from a manager tomorrow to discuss my case further.

If that doesn't work, then next stop is watch dog...

They need to send there regional feild engineer out to meet with you and roadtest at the least.

That's what my dealer has advised me to demand from the manager when I speak with them tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well the manager said they are not able to arrange a field engineer to come out.

To cut a long story short, they are basically going to speak to my dealer again to see about helping them push technical a bit harder for an engineer and/or resolution.

The noise is definitely getting worse, certain bumps in the road set it off now and it has also started doing it on throttle too.

I made another vid, this time with the engine fully warmed up after a run out on some national speed limit roads, see below:

Watch Dog it, I feel that's your only way of getting an engineer sent out to your dealer. At the moment it seems that Ford don't give a flying !Removed!, however if you Watch Dog it then maybe that'll hurt them enough to warrant action.

I cannot believe how this is being handled considering it's a brand new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

That is terrible. Keep at them! Have you taken to their Twitter/Facebook pages?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I don't have a facebook account any more, but keeping tweeting links to the vids and this thread.

My initial contact with Ford CRC is via twitter.

no offence but fords done this for years once you buy the car they really dont care they arent alone but look at other manufacturer recalls how many times have ford made announcements on news etc for recalls.......on the mk1 and mk2 complaints went in in there droves did ford do recalls no instead they charged the owner for parts to fix their issues even the ti vct was known that the aluminium teeth wore on the vct unit ford went ahead knowing the warranty would be out before the issue arised

One thing letting a car go out that won't stand test of time, but they won't even help fix a brand new car exhibiting a fault ATM :(

don't forget ..everything they do is driven by you - it maybe be your car but it's still their baby ..or so they once claimed

Sadly I hear it a lot focus c max s max etc ford just don't want to know I'm the only ford left in my street now the rest got rid a few of them were new focusses as well not the same issue as you but problems ford didn't want to fix in you're case I would get on to ford and demand it be looked into or they can have the car back I cant believe its part of the design for a car to sound like a bag of spanners if anything its embarrassing then there's long term issues if its like that now what will it be like in a year

• Like 1

Had a good chat with my dealer yesterday and even they think Fords excuse is a load of bull. Who designs something with the intent that it rattles.

They agree I shouldn't have to put up with it and Ford should let them fix it. I've said if they can't fix it they will have to take it back.

My dealer is going to get on to Ford again today, Ford CRC are completely toothless and to me seem like a complete waste of space...

The chief tech reckons it could be worth trying a new turbo, but even then it could still rattle a bit. The problem is that Ford will not pay for it.

If I am at the point of returning it, I'm still in 2 minds whether I want another Ford. Do I go for something like the Focus ST and hope I don't experience any other major faults Ford will not fix, or call it a day and not buy a Ford again... :(

Love my ST, really recommend it

• Like 1

For what its worth, I have a new 2015 Focus 1.0 ecoboost, and considering its a 3 cylinder I reckon its the quietest engine I have had on any car yet. Even with the windows wound down I can barely notice it. So I would certainly not put up with it.

• Like 2

Yeah there is nothing wrong with my mums 1.0. Fantastic little engine. The omg, this is only a 1.0 never gets old, lol.

My dealer is coming back to me today, so will see what they say. The only reason I would even consider another Ford is because of my dealer.

You never know though, I might be getting ahead of myself and they'll actually be able to fix it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there is nothing wrong with my mums 1.0. Fantastic little engine. The omg, this is only a 1.0 never gets old, lol.

My dealer is coming back to me today, so will see what they say. The only reason I would even consider another Ford is because of my dealer.

You never know though, I might be getting ahead of myself and they'll actually be able to fix it.

You know you want the 1.0T haha but in all fairness I hope they can fix it, shame to have a whole engine range tarnished because they are 5 star bell ends in the Head Office area...

I had a listen to another 1.5, fresh off the transporter, 10 miles on it and it sounded almost the same as mine. Give that one 2k miles and 6 months, it will probably sound exactly the same as mine.

This isn't something they can just fix on my car, my dealer tried to see if they could fix it themselves, but the actuator and wastegate is too integrated in to the design of the turbo for them to do anything. The only way this will be fixed is a design change from Ford and new part(s).

I have already escalated this with a manager at CRC and got nowehere. The dealer has tried every contact they have available and got nowhere.

I have been given the name of the next person up in the complaints chain at Ford, who I will be sending a formal complaint too. Feel incredibly let down by Ford at the moment...

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems with it Alex. Hopefully it won't have to come to you rejecting the car together.

But if you do and want to move away from Ford, have a look at the 308 GTi! 0.1 of a litre more and an extra 100bhp. ;)

The problem is that all the Peugeot dealers within a 20 odd mile radius have been gobbled up by a massive group who are quite simply awful.

Would mean travelling 45mins whenever I need things doing (which is what my dad has to do with his RCZ). That's what I like about my local Ford dealer, they are about 2 mins away...

That's annoying! It's incredibly frustrating when decent cars are ruined by shoddy dealers. Same with Land Rover dealers, lots of them treat you like dirt and are incredibly snooty, all they want is to take your money, some of them don't care full stop! Very dissapointing.

Hopefully it will all get rectified reasonably easily, and if not push for a rejection! Stressful though it may be, it's worth it in the end. We rejected a 14 month old Audi A4 after a long battle with Audi, was hard work but at least we got a decent car out of it!

Hopefully it will not come to that.

This all sounds a little disappointing. I have ordered the new 1.5 eco boost too Alex.

If mine sounds like it has a rattle I will be with you complaining to ford. The squeaky wheel gets the oil as they say!

That's annoying! It's incredibly frustrating when decent cars are ruined by shoddy dealers. Same with Land Rover dealers, lots of them treat you like dirt and are incredibly snooty, all they want is to take your money, some of them don't care full stop! Very dissapointing.

Hopefully it will all get rectified reasonably easily, and if not push for a rejection! Stressful though it may be, it's worth it in the end. We rejected a 14 month old Audi A4 after a long battle with Audi, was hard work but at least we got a decent car out of it!

Hopefully it will not come to that.

In my limited experience (Ford, Honda and Audi) Audi were by far the worst I have ever dealt with, their level of arrogance at dealing with issues was gobsmacking. Funny how the car that cost me the most to buy (£20k in 2001) was the most unreliable with appalling customer service. I won't bore you all with the list of issues but the icing on the cake was when I phoned Audi UK to complain about the dealer and they told me point blank they were not interested as the car was 25 months old and they only deal with issues for the first 2 years of the 3 year warranty, the last year was covered only by the dealer!!. The garage had even essentially tried to defraud me. Oh well, I've bought 4 new cars since and none have been or ever will be Audi.

I ordered the same 1.5T petrol last week, this makes me wanna go for the 1.0T. No good times.

See if you can go listen to one.

It might not bother you, or you might not notice it...

See i couldn't listen or try one. But called my dealer and they might swap me to the 1.0T. I have it in my fiesta and it is awesome. My dealer also said they sold one and the owner is happy with the 1.5t, so who knows... To stay on the safe side I think I'll swap if I can. Hope your issues will be resolved mate, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club