Do Not Sell My Personal Information

57 Plate Diesel Focus - Loss Of Power

Mikehenderson89

Hi guys, new to the forum so forgive me if I make any foolish errors here.

I have had my 57 plate 1.6 TD Focus for about 14 months now, bought it from a dealer only to experience complete loss of power with the car going into continual limp mode after a matter of weeks. My dad is a seasoned mechanic and upon discussing with him he suggested I get the codes read, subsequently it was found to be a Issie with the dpf. We replaced this with a brand new one and fitted accordingly, unfortunately this changed nothing. We fitted an egr blocking plate and ever since the car has run out of limp mode but with serious reduced power especially in third, fourth and fifth gear. It will occasionally put itself in limp mode for a few hundred yards but soon kicks out of that although as I say, limited power. (Acceleration is appalling in the higher gears, you couldn't overtake anyone!) I have been reading countless forums and fixes come from mapping the dpf, changing the turbo etc etc but my dad recently had one with a friend of his and they changed the glow plugs and hey presto, works a dream?! Sounds an odd fix to me! I also have some issues with one of the o rings not sealing effectively and a v clamp being loose/bent. I know this could be one of a million things but wonder if anyone has experienced a similar set of circumstances and known a cure! Car is driveable and luckily I have a work car for my daily commute but any help in terms of exploring the best avenues first would be much appreciated.

if I'm not mistaken there is a differential pressure switch with 2 hoses that attach to the dpf filter before filter and after, check you have the hoses the right way round.

If they are check the pressure switch, my 1.6 tdci lost an injector which led to the dpf blocking and that resulted in a blown pressure switch and a new dpf.

Hope this helps?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club