Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors Without Display

SNC

We are trying to get used to it incase nothing is ever able to be done but Ford have sent their first response which just basically says they appologise for any inconviences and just asked for more details which I've sent so waiting for a followup response.

So here's hoping, but loving the car otherwise.

As mentioned this is the first time we've had 2 cars in the house hold, we were paying £520 to insure me and my partner on just the Giulietta, we've just been moved to Direct Line and their Multicar policy and add the Fiesta and it's only gone up to £572. £52 extra for the fiesta is a great suprise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'm fuming now, I contacted Ford on the issue as mentioned and wanted to know if I'd been lied too and ripped off and asked them if it can be made to work with the display as I didn't want to take a day off work to take it in just to be told there's nothing they can do. Ford got back saying just to leave it with them and they will contact Evans Halshaw about sorting it out.

Well just got a call of Evans Halshaw to say there's nothing they can do as they can't link the parking sensors and Ford haven't contacted them about it at all and they are not going to do anything, so i've gone mad. I've wasted a holiday off work, was driven into buying a car on false premises and paid an extra £250 for it too.

This isn't good enough, this isn't a back alley dealer selling cars which have been in accidents and welded together for a couple of 100 quid where you expect to be lied into a sale, this is pretty much the biggest dealership representing Ford in the UK.

E.H. are rubbish dealers t.b.h.

They are the biggest Fraud dealership - but light years away from the best & probably only keep their franchise based on new car sales because it certainly isn't customer service. .

• Like 2

Okay I'm fuming now, I contacted Ford on the issue as mentioned and wanted to know if I'd been lied too and ripped off and asked them if it can be made to work with the display as I didn't want to take a day off work to take it in just to be told there's nothing they can do. Ford got back saying just to leave it with them and they will contact Evans Halshaw about sorting it out.

Well just got a call of Evans Halshaw to say there's nothing they can do as they can't link the parking sensors and Ford haven't contacted them about it at all and they are not going to do anything, so i've gone mad. I've wasted a holiday off work, was driven into buying a car on false premises and paid an extra £250 for it too.

This isn't good enough, this isn't a back alley dealer selling cars which have been in accidents and welded together for a couple of 100 quid where you expect to be lied into a sale, this is pretty much the biggest dealership representing Ford in the UK.

When you asked for the sensors to be fitted did you ask if they work with the display?

Otherwise, youve bought a used car, asked them to fit sensors, theyve fitted the approved ford sensors that all dealers fit, at a dicount as they are usually £350. So they supplied what you asked for.

Nope i have an email saying we wanted factory fitted parking sensors and willing to wait for one to come into stock, then after a week got an email back saying they have no stock of exactly what we want but have a car that meets all of our needs except the parking sensors which they can fit and I asked to confirm they are the official ford sensors in the same paint colour as the car (not the approved but official). This is the reason we went down and they also clarified it was the official rear parking sensors during finalizing the deal.

• Like 1

I know it doesn't help your personal situation, all I can say is if you do buy another car or they agree to take this one back wait for the factory fitted sensors. I had the front+rear sensors and rear parking camera fitted and personally I feel it is the best factory upgrade money I ever spent. Saves on bumper paint and potential on street arguments and makes parking even in the smallest spaces a breeze. An essential for when my partner drives as in the old car she was forever reversing into posts and bits of pipe sticking out of walls! I am hoping by the time I get my next Fiesta it will have the automatic parking system available.

As for your personal situation, if you were expecting a particular function and made that clear, then it should have been supplied with that function. So it comes down to whether you specified to the sales person that the sensors should be linked to the dashboard screen. It sounds like in this situation you made the assumption they would be linked rather than having it specified, which is an easy mistake to make, no customer should be expected to know how everything works, that is the dealers job to answer your questions and explain the functionality clearly and sufficiently when you go for a test drive.

Unfortunately it looks like you may need to put it down to experience, the sensors sound like the "official" ones for dealer as opposed to factory fit, as you have nothing written down to say you wanted screen linked sensors, or do you?

Hope you can get some redress or goodwill at least.

• Like 2

Your kind of correct above ^,

I've spoke to Ford them selves not long ago and they agree that i'd asked the right questions and that Evans Halshaw should have explained that any sensors they would be fitting wouldn't have a display and that they are contacting Evans Halshaw themselves now to discuss it all with them and push for compensation as i've told them I'm going to return the car for a refund which they said I am still entitled to do and never use Evans Halshaw again and consider another brand car instead, if nothing is done (As much as I love this car it's the principle of being ripped off and lied too).

Just my opinion but do not go for compensation...go for a full refund then get the car you *really* want.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Nope i have an email saying we wanted factory fitted parking sensors and willing to wait for one to come into stock, then after a week got an email back saying they have no stock of exactly what we want but have a car that meets all of our needs except the parking sensors which they can fit and I asked to confirm they are the official ford sensors in the same paint colour as the car (not the approved but official). This is the reason we went down and they also clarified it was the official rear parking sensors during finalizing the deal.

Do you actually have an email from them saying that the official Ford sensors will be fitted and/or they will work with the screen? If so this will work in your favour, but if you are still entitled to a refund maybe you should go for that.

You could see if they would agree to order a new car for you with the exact spec you want and allow you to keep the current car until the new one is ready, considering how much they've messed you around.

I have the rear camera and think it's a waste of money. Turned it off soon after getting the car. Came as standard on the Titanium X but just look out the back when reversing.

Do you actually have an email from them saying that the official Ford sensors will be fitted and/or they will work with the screen? If so this will work in your favour, but if you are still entitled to a refund maybe you should go for that.

You could see if they would agree to order a new car for you with the exact spec you want and allow you to keep the current car until the new one is ready, considering how much they've messed you around.

He bought a 14 plate, bit much to expect a new car as compensation for no display.

The x-visions are the official sensors but they aren't the factory spec ones.

See if they will fit the x-vision optional display to the car, that's if everything else is ok with the car you bought

He bought a 14 plate, bit much to expect a new car as compensation for no display.

Ah I misread that, thought he said it was a new car. In that case I'd say just try and get a refund for the cost of the sensors as they weren't as described.

The x-visions are the official sensors but they aren't the factory spec ones.

See if they will fit the x-vision optional display to the car, that's if everything else is ok with the car you bought

I've just looked at the x-vision site and they say a defining characteristic is you get a single beep when you engage reverse gear and the ones we have fitted do that, I will see if they can sort it out by fitting the visual display. Thats all we wanted the beeps and visual aid.

I asked the same questions about the factory fitted and dealer fitted sensors when getting my ST3. I was told that it's not possible to link the dealer fitted sensors with the visual display of the factory fitted sensors even though they are the same equipment type.

The visual display in my opinion is only really useful for when you are already in the spot you are reversing into and want to make sure you've not got too close to the obstacle behind you. You can never stop looking around the rear of the car and I would never rely on a few small lines to save me hitting something or someone. Only multiple cameras and screen would be close to having to save you turning around to look behind.

• Like 1

^ With the sensors I don't usually look behind me because I'm moving so slowly when reversing into a space. Someone would have to deliberately walk into my car and even then I'd see them in the mirrors and the sensors would beep, and I'd be moving so slowly that it wouldn't be a problem.

The sensors are so sensitive that they even pick up small plants or weeds behind the car, so I'm not worried about them missing anything that could damage the car. The only time I don't trust them is if I'm approaching something at an angle, but I think they still would warn you before you hit anything.

I have the rear camera and think it's a waste of money. Turned it off soon after getting the car. Came as standard on the Titanium X but just look out the back when reversing.

Interesting, did you not find the wheel direction indicators useful when reversing? Certainly saves my rear alloy on the passenger side.

I'm still in the habit of looking over my shoulder when reversing so found no need for the camera. It's the first time I've had reversing sensors and still can't used to the beeping.

I never really got used to looking behind me even when I didn't have sensors lol. I preferred the method of going really slow and using the mirrors, always worked well for me and now even better with the sensors. At least using the mirrors you can see more or less what you're lining up with, because the rear visibility of most modern cars is pretty bad.

Blind spots ? ?

I could hide a bus in blind spots. . .

Not being satisfy with only the rear view camera, and not wanting the parking sensors false peeping whole winter, i installed 4 cameras around the car.

post-63471-0-59413200-1435290154_thumb.j

• Like 2

That's a lot of cameras on a Fiesta

• Like 1

That's a lot of cameras on a Fiesta

My grandparents drive busses with less cameras

My grandparents drive busses with less cameras

Haha! Does appear like a lot of cameras

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club