Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Chip Boxes????

ralph

Hi

Anyone out there had experience of these simple plug-in tuning boxes ? I have a Mk4 mondeo with the 1.8 tdci engine and I can get one of these off eBay for £60-80 and just wondered if they were any good?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi

Anyone out there had experience of these simple plug-in tuning boxes ? I have a Mk4 mondeo with the 1.8 tdci engine and I can get one of these off eBay for £60-80 and just wondered if they were any good?

Cheers

For that price I'd say they will be just a project box full of resistors and crap.

Avoid like the plague.

For a half decent tuning box you'd be looking £250 plus.

• Like 1

Get a professional remap & do the job properly :)

• Like 2

Definitely .......... avoid I assume you mean!???

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yea.

I bought a Synergy Ronbox for my Mondeo 2.0 TDCi and have been very impressed with it.

The reason I went for it was because I wanted the option of being able to remove it if needs be which I can do it 5mins as opposed to having a remap.

The box has 10 different settings which you can adjust to what you like.

I was quite skeptical about getting a tuning box but any reviews I read about the ronbox seemed very good.

It cost roughly 160euro for me so not sure what that is in GBP. Type Ronbox Synergy into google and have a look if you are interested in getting one.

I had a custom remap on my previous Focus and I can definitely say I found the tuning box on my Mondeo far more noticeable than I did my remap on the Focus.

Superchips every time and as said if you want to remove it go for the bluefin option, they really work

I would be going RonBox, almost did but my money was spoken for elsewhere just as I was going to buy...

I've used them in the past my last one was from bluespark automotive for my pickup which cost about £200 yes there good with selectable mapping but for my mondeo I opted for bluefin (wasn't available for the pickup) tbh the bluefin map is far more smoother and as stated in here can be removed at anytime just using the handset.

IMHO I'd stay well clear of a £60 jobby especially off fleabay u just have no assurances or comeback

Hope this helps

Ben

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club