Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changed Oil - Low Oil Pressure, Knocking Sound From The Head

stianlokkeberg

Hi.

Had an engine light couple of days ago, so I bought 4liters of 5w-30 (ford oil) and a oil filter (mahle OX 171/2 D).

Removed engine oil with the bottom plug, removed oil filter cap with filter insert, and mounted new filter in cap, and installed it.

Poured 3,5liter oil in the engine. Checked the oil-stick, and it was over half.

Started the engine while on 4 wheels after 15min, and after 2min running on idle, "low oil pressure" came on, and this dreadfull knocking sound ive noticed.

The knocking sound could have entered before or after the oil change, dunno.

Why do I have low oil pressure!? And what is it with the knock sound?

Link for video with sound is coming.

http://vid22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/Stian_A/Snapchat-7309397434599479883_zpsb9lpi7xc.mp4

I no sometime u can have low oil pressure light come on after oil change but that don't sound right. Hope u get it sorted mate I'm sure some1 will be on here shortly to give u some proper advice

I no sometime u can have low oil pressure light come on after oil change but that don't sound right. Hope u get it sorted mate I'm sure some1 will be on here shortly to give u some proper advice

In the nature of the filter being dry, I know. But ive had the filter up, and ive filled it with oil also.

Now, a question about the cap that goes over the filter: Fitted the filter-seal on it, and screw it on - But how far down does it go? Mine is 2-3mm over the engine block?

I would love a Online Haynes manual, but thats just in sale in UK.

Have you made sure you've located the nipple on the oil filter into the hole? And have you torqued the oil filter all the way down and to 25Nm?

Nippel is ok, but dont know how far down the oil-filter cap should go. Anyone got a picture? Something seems off

It should go all the way to the bottom until it's flush

Are you sure you put enough oil in ?

Recheck the oil dipstick level

I an sure. Dipstick say over half. Around 3,5liter

What is the oil capacity of the engine + filter ?

I'm confused with the fact you state the dipstick is measuring '' half ''

Half way to where ?

Ford specifies 3.8 litres but they normally take around 4 - 4.2 litres

• Like 1

Half to Max on the Dipstick of course! Ill pour some more in, but oil pressure should be on at 3,5liters

I honestly think it's more to do with the filter, it's definitely the correct filter right? And it's definitely located properly and tightened down?

Could someone mark on the picture how far Its gonna be?

post-69068-0-80708600-1446073380_thumb.p

Can I ask, what engine light come on? I'm curious as to why it made you change the oil..

Problem solved. Ive managed to do this at night, and exhausted i was wondering why there was not Any old filter-cap seal when I took it out. Black oil, black cap, black seal, combined with bad light made me put on a new seal on the old one.

Was out this morning, took me 60 seconds.. oil pressure good, oil level close to Max on Dipstick and the knock sound is gone.

Knock sound was hydraulic lifters who had little oil. No danger having it idle a 4-5min, but would not put Any more time or load if someone has this sound.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club