Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Windscreen Replacement

TomsFocus

Ok sorry to jump into this topic but hopefully someone can help.

Just had a heated windscreen replaced on a 2009 TDCi auto. This was carried out at National Windscreens, while on holiday this week, once fitted it would not come out of Park, there is a warning that says transmission limited function, and another that says engine malfunction the A/C and re-circulator switches no longer work, the heat front screen does not work and the transmission once manually overridden stays in sport mode when in drive.

Anybody had anything like this before? National windscreen will help, but i need to drive home this week.

Have you checked the basics like fuses yet? Did they disconnect the battery at all, are the terminals tight?

Wes all fuses checked and ok, they disconnected the battery, but I think they disconnected the pos only. All terminals checked and tight. i was thinking that they have forgotten an earth somewhere.

Are you sure they disconnected the battery? There's no need to, and they definitely didn't on mine.

The heated screen has a fuse for each side so it sounds more like the switch isn't getting power, does it illuminate when you press it?

Were fuses inside all checked as well as the ones under the bonnet?

Ok sorry to jump into this topic but hopefully someone can help.

Just had a heated windscreen replaced on a 2009 TDCi auto. This was carried out at National Windscreens, while on holiday this week, once fitted it would not come out of Park, there is a warning that says transmission limited function, and another that says engine malfunction the A/C and re-circulator switches no longer work, the heat front screen does not work and the transmission once manually overridden stays in sport mode when in drive.

Anybody had anything like this before? National windscreen will help, but i need to drive home this week.

The heated front screen should be earthed at the antenna base which is under the front interior light.

• Like 1

Do any of you know if the gel pack is single use or if I can pull the sensor off, turn the pad round and refit it myself? Autoglass can't come until Weds afternoon when I have a prior appointment and am busy thu & fri as well so would rather sort this myself if possible?

AG have been today. Confirmed the gel pack was in wrong and replaced it with a new, updated one, they are now totally clear, no black bits.

But it hasn't fixed the issue. :( The tech tried scanning and clearing faults on his handheld, I've tried clearing faults in Forscan and resetting the GEM in EMLConfig and still got the comms fault.

So he's ordered a new sensor to try on Weds... Hopefully that fixes it!

New sensor has fixed it. :). Cost them £150 new though!!

Blimey , did they break it then? I picked up a second hand one for 15 quid, just waiting on the window to get chipped to retro fit the sensors

Well it was working before the screen was changed and wasn't after, so it must've been broken during the installation lol. It doesn't seem overly common for these ones to break though. If the tech had accidentally broken it I wish he'd just have told me tbh.

They're used on loads of cars, Ford, Volvo, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault etc, so I thought the quantity sold would bring the price down a bit but it seems not.

Oh, if you want it changed, I recommend changing the Wiper Blades with wet arms, seems screens arent too keen on that... <_< Also, hope you've got windscreen cover. It would've cost me £502 for the screen replacement otherwise!! Though you may not need/want the IR which cost more afaik.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club