Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Condensation After An Hour Parked

Michael9

It's been doing it for the last week or so but was particularly bad today, I was at the hospital and was in for about an 2 hours when i got to the car it was bad in all windows and took ages to clear. Plus I now noticed the front heater screen doesn't work anymore :(.

I know there must be air and/or dampness getting in, I guess one the first things to check/replace are pollen filter, after drainage holes. There's no water getting in when driving in rain but I know it must be getting in somewhere.

Do you mean the seals round edge or if not where....there's no water getting in that I have saw so far as the carpet isn't wet/damp.

Lift the boot carpet up and the carpet that runs up the side in the boot corner,tailgate end and have a look around the air vent and void between the panels.post-10449-144866320147_thumb.jpg

I've taken the air vent out,outside, looking in.This is my Mk1 but I think the MK 2 is similar.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

It's most likely to be a boot leak, as the others have said.

If it's not, have you had your windscreen replaced by Autoglass/National Windscreens etc recently?

Myself and several other mates who've had replacement windscreens, have found their 2 hour while you wait replacement service, seems to result in leaks in the car shortly afterwards.

Thanks guys, in I haven't had the windscreen replaced yet so if not that it must the boot, I was out tonight to see friends for a couple of hours and again came back to all windows especially the tailgate full of it. I will check the boot tomorrow and see if there's anything obvious.

If it was a leak you would get it a lot .

you're only getting it now its below the dewpoint so its likely as simple as outsides cold insides hot hot air on cold window makes condensation a lot of cars do it

• Like 1

You'll find tomorrow it isn't misted up as the temp in the cabin has equaled the temp outside hence why its not a leak just what happens at this time if the year

That's fair enough but mine was only one in the Asda car park like that, I'll look at the vents ect when the rain stops.

its alwasys good practice at night when you know its going to freeze, to equalise the air temp on the window, that's usually how you end up with ice inside the car, the warm air condenses then freezes. blast the cabin with cold air for a few min before you stop and your morning routine will be much easier!

• Like 1

Not sure why you guys are getting such damp cabins when you're not in there? I never equalise temps or anything like that and don't get a damp cabin UNTIL I get in...then the whole lot mists over almost immediately lol, heated screens and blowers on sorts it in seconds though, as does holding your breath in the car but that's less practical. I'd get the heated screen sorted personally, not much that can be wrong with that system, probably replace the pollen filter as well if not been done recently.

Check that the air settings are not on recirculation

• Like 2

I've also just thought, are you using the air con before switching off the car? That'll leave the evaporator wet...

Have you checked all carpets, underlay (soundproofing) and spare wheel well for moisture? Sounds like a leak to be getting that much condensation.

Only problem with it being s leak is it would condense all the time even on s sunny day it would heat up the cabin causing condensation if it is a leak then its not long started it all depends how long you're in the car if its short quick journeys or long trips etc but I pass a lot of cars this time of year that are the same

• Like 1

Only problem with it being s leak is it would condense all the time even on s sunny day it would heat up the cabin causing condensation if it is a leak then its not long started it all depends how long you're in the car if its short quick journeys or long trips etc but I pass a lot of cars this time of year that are the same

My car had a leak through the summer and didnt have any condensation issues.

Can you give us an update on your condensation,buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club