Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tailgate locking on Fiesta fob

Chris Burgess

Just noticed that it's possible to lock keys inside car if you use the key fob remote to unlock the tailgate,if you leave the key in the boot by mistake with your shopping then close the tailgate your keys are locked in the boot,,,,anyone else noticed this and any suggestions...

I didn't even think about this - never thought it was possible anymore. I never really use the keyfob button for the boot anyway. I find it much easier to just press the unlock button (rather than boot button x2?).

I dont know why I just find it easier to unlock as usual just incase I need to go into the car as well - then Ill have to press the key twice!

Unsure about getting it out - does the boot lock automatically once its been shut (if you have opened the boot with key fob button)?

Yes the boot locks as soon as you shut it,think you're right about not using the remote to open the boot...could save some embarrassing situations..Cheers

Or, more simply, don't put your keys down in the car..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Can do the same with rear doors...  I often lock mine THEN pick up stuff from the boot or backseats...  Have only once been daft enough to leave the key in there when I done it though lol.  Fortunately I was at home with a spare key. :wink:

If you put your keyless fob into the boot and shut it, it detects the key and pops back. Not sure about the fobs with key.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club