Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Engine management light

DAVE7

Hi, anyone any ideas how to turn the engine management light off on a ford focus 1.6tdci? All my local garages will charge me 

12 hours ago, DAVE7 said:

Hi, anyone any ideas how to turn the engine management light off on a ford focus 1.6tdci? All my local garages will charge me 

Its not a case of 'switching it off'. Its a case of finding why its on... (its there for a reason) which is why they will charge you as they will have to run a diagnostics test to find the cause. 

need a new EGR valve - which i will have fitted by a friend, but i will still need to get the light turned off

You will still need diagnostics to reset the EGR valve adpations and clear the error codes, there is no way around this.

A modified ELM327 and interface and Forscan can do this and is cheap enough otherwise you need someone who has Ford IDS to do it.

You can't just swap a lot of parts on these engines, diagnostics is almost always required.

• Like 1

As above , the learnt values need resetting after fitting new egr, also why is the egr being replaced? Egr valves normally jam up / block up due to injector faults that creates excessive carbon build up which in turn blocks the egr cooler and egr then thats another egr bunged up.

Bear this in mind when fitting egr valve. Check the cooler tubes are not blocked up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club