Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even Ford can't find the problem - 2012 Ford Galaxy

polkadottymummy

Hi Everyone

I really do love my Fords - we've gone from C-Max, to older Galaxy to a 2012 Galaxy (Titanium), which we have literally only had for about weeks, but we have had SO many problems and now Ford cannot find the fault.

A week after I purchased it, it cut out. I managed to get it to the dealers, and it turned out it needed a new fuel pump. 

A week after I got it back with it's new fuel pump, it just kept cutting out, randomly. Usually at low speeds, or when stopped at the traffic light. But it also seemed to drop speed when on cruise control (but not cut out).  It went back to the dealers, they were unable to find any fault or to make it fault.

So it's come back to me! It ran for a few days nicely and Im thinking maybe it was just the new fuel pump bedding in(!!?) and once again, I'm sitting at the traffic lights and it cuts out! Grrrr. Earlier this day the fault came up "stop lamp bulb fault" and I remember before this has popped up a few times, but there doesn't appear to be any fault with the stop lamps.

Is it possible these two things are connected? How can I get this fixed if Ford can't see any error codes or get it to fault when it is with them.  I just want to be able to drive safely and keep my kids as safe as possible.  Can anybody offer any help or advise please?

It sounds like whatever the problem is my mom's S-Max is having the same problem. She said it'll cut out randomly or at low speeds! If you find out please let me know so I can advise her also.

It seems that the fuel pump was not the fault! they do not have to "bed in", they either work or they don't. Sounds like they are stabbing in the dark. If you have a guarantee keep on their case, if not find an independent  electrical diagnostics co. to find the fault.

Get an ELM cable and download Elmconfig (free) to check for error codes when it happens again. Even though Ford claim there's none doesn't necessarily mean there are none. If nothing else it will let you know and if any codes pop up it'll give you something to go on.

• 6 years later...
On 5/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, polkadottymummy said:

Hi Everyone

I really do love my Fords - we've gone from C-Max, to older Galaxy to a 2012 Galaxy (Titanium), which we have literally only had for about weeks, but we have had SO many problems and now Ford cannot find the fault.

A week after I purchased it, it cut out. I managed to get it to the dealers, and it turned out it needed a new fuel pump. 

A week after I got it back with it's new fuel pump, it just kept cutting out, randomly. Usually at low speeds, or when stopped at the traffic light. But it also seemed to drop speed when on cruise control (but not cut out).  It went back to the dealers, they were unable to find any fault or to make it fault.

So it's come back to me! It ran for a few days nicely and Im thinking maybe it was just the new fuel pump bedding in(!!?) and once again, I'm sitting at the traffic lights and it cuts out! Grrrr. Earlier this day the fault came up "stop lamp bulb fault" and I remember before this has popped up a few times, but there doesn't appear to be any fault with the stop lamps.

Is it possible these two things are connected? How can I get this fixed if Ford can't see any error codes or get it to fault when it is with them.  I just want to be able to drive safely and keep my kids as safe as possible.  Can anybody offer any help or advise please?

Strange one but I had a similar issue a few years ago with a Renault espace & it was a faulty Brake pedal switch?? the ECU believes the pedal is being pressed & adjust the power, Throttle etc by overriding the throttle position sensor?

May also tie in with the stop lamp warning?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

After 6 years waiting for a reply I doubt the OP cares 😧

1 minute ago, unofix said:

After 6 years waiting for a reply I doubt the OP cares 😧

I'm sorry...I've only just joined the forum? just thought a late reply may still be of help to somebody?

It is generally an unwritten rule that if a post has been dead for over a year then there is no point in restarting it. people and cars move or and many will be in the scrapyard (that's both).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club