Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost oil leak

RobA

Where is cam position sensor? Can you send pic please as my oil light on and have oil leak in same place as you

Hi all seeing the original post is from 2016 i will cut a long story short , i had these oil symptoms on my fiesta ecoboost bought from holdcroft nissan crewe  in september 2018 , also had some oil around drivers side driveshaft , when i checked oil level it was way over actually i had to drain 1 litre  out , been dry since no signs if oil , so people avoid nissan holdcroft crewe  , sloppy dealers  who had another two people complaining on same day as i was .

• 1 month later...

Mine has done only 950 km , now visible oil leak on camshaft sensors as well , whats wrong with this ecoboost, and what can i do ?!! Would this require sensors replacement ?

A49B1CD3-0DF5-4CAF-B5C3-63D37F0E606B.jpeg

56BEEA2E-250F-4D52-8A05-71341241A94A.jpeg

584444C2-76B2-4E2A-8300-9E572AACA309.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I think i have the same issue, its not leaking alot and the car drives fine however couple times i have stalled and error message appears on the dash saying oil pressure low, ive check the dipstick regular and its got plenty in! Ford want £100 to look at it and recommend it getting steam cleaned so they can pin point but i havent bothered atm! 

• 1 year later...

What are Ford like on a car 6th months out of warranty with 15k milage 

• 3 months later...
On 3/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, John emerson said:

Mine has the same problem but it's a focus. Was it expensive and has the problem gone now

Thanks for posting I have the same on mine 2017 1.0 ecoboost looks like it is leaking past both o-rings on sensor , spoke to Ford and they don’t sell the o-ring on its own have to buy 2x new sensors 

• 1 month later...

Hi I have the same issue on my Ford Focus 2027 1.0 ecoboost I have purchased 2x new sensors which I am about to fit , but I read somewhere that the new once my need to be learned on a diagnostic machine , can anyone tell me if this is true please ?

1 hour ago, Silver b said:

Hi I have the same issue on my Ford Focus 2027 1.0 ecoboost I have purchased 2x new sensors which I am about to fit , but I read somewhere that the new once my need to be learned on a diagnostic machine , can anyone tell me if this is true please ?

The sensors are simply picking up a signal from fixed positions on the camshafts (utilising Hall effect).  You are not disturbing the Camshafts and no diagnostics are needed.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Evenin all , I didn't think I'd need to root this topic up again (my apolgies) but it appears I've sprung a leak again in the same spot as OP's photos . It's my 2014 Mk3 Focus 1.0 EcoBoost . 

In a total of 3 separate strip downs done at one of my local main dealers there have been 2 injector seals , rocker cover bolts and  gaskets and a cam position sensor replaced . The 2nd and 3rd repairs were covered by the garage .

It has not leaked since until very recently , it's the same kind of 'minor' oil leak as before .  I really believed that they'd finally got it sorted ! 🤪😕😟

Has anyone who's experienced it had a recurrence of this leak ? 

I'm going to push them for a replacement rocker cover this time but I'm considering offering to cover the cost of the rocker gasket . 

Do you think I should ? 

Evenin all , I didn't think I'd need to root this topic up again (my apolgies) but it appears I've sprung a leak again in the same spot as OP's photos . It's my 2014 Mk3 Focus 1.0 EcoBoost . 

In a total of 3 separate strip downs done at one of my local main dealers there have been 2 injector seals , rocker cover bolts and  gaskets and a cam position sensor replaced . The 2nd and 3rd repairs were covered by the garage . 

It hasn't leaked since September 2022 .  I really believed that they'd finally got it sorted but it's back as the same kind of  'minor'  oil leak as before🤪😕😟

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 7:57 PM, plasticpat said:

It hasn't leaked since September 2022 .  I really believed that they'd finally got it sorted but it's back as the same kind of  'minor'  oil leak as before!

The crankcase vent system is a prime candidate for making the rocker cover leak. Any pressure build up will force oil out of the tiniest gap. I had a vent hose kinked after being put back on by a garage (on a different car), and it made it leak big time.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:49 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

The crankcase vent system is a prime candidate for making the rocker cover leak. Any pressure build up will force oil out of the tiniest gap. I had a vent hose kinked after being put back on by a garage (on a different car), and it made it leak big time.

My apologies for late reply , many thanks for yours  . Valuable info for the not inclined/skilled to take the job on myself (like me)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club