Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Parking enforcement notice

laumk7

My local Halfords have put a single sheet piece of paper up saying anyone parking in their fitting bay will be prosecuted, etc. I didn't even notice it until I got back to the car. I parked there as all the other spaces bar disabled were full.

The regular car park upstairs is owned by the council, but the Halfords section is private afaik

Should I be worried?

It's an odd one, I'd it's a printout job I would ignore it. Unless of course it's a proper sign made out properly

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The way I read it the sign is advising that the local council enforces the parking and they are just warning people of such.

If it is intended as a statute parking enforcement sign then it is unenforceable as it does not follow BPA guidelines and legal requirements.

Any ticket issued by a private parking enforcement company would be void.

Anything issued by a council enforcement officer would only be lawful if the whole car park is posted as being under their control.

I think tbh that they have had cases of people parking up, scarpering and being gone for hours.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

If the level for Halfords is confirmed as Halfords own land then it's not enforceable by the council and that is not sufficient to have a valid fine applied independently. However, If the car park is assumed Halfords but still Council owned then the council cam enforce it.

Either way, if you didn't have a ticket on your return your likely fine.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club