Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Posting body panels and complete exhausts?

GMX

I have a rather a large number of car parts, from previous cars I was going to list on eBay, two of which are rear outer wheel arch patch panels and one is a complete exhaust

I'd prefer a buyer to collect them, but in doing so, I'm probably restricting my pool of potential buyers.

The exhaust is fairly robust and just needs a long box but the panels could get damaged in transit.

What is the best way to package the panels up? 

Large wide box and loose fill?  or wrap the panels in bubble wrap and then place in a box with padded with polystyrene sheets? or a mixture of the two?

Yes, large wide box (or just make a box out of boxes i've done this before with great success) around the outside have polystyrene and wrap the exhaust in bubble wrap, take dimensions of the box and give a few services a call e.g Parcelforce. Once you've been quoted add an extra £5.00 on top for postage mainly to cover insurance cost in case it does get damaged in transit.

Last time my dad sold a complete exhaust it cost £30 including insurance coverage up to £600 but this was around 6 years ago.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

• Like 1

The exhaust won't be much of an issue. Body panel wise, you'd be best trying to send them. Most courier services these days will deliver an origami sandwich. 

Before eBay, test the water with Gumtree. No fees and you just never know. If any parts are rare then people may travel. At worst you'll screen a few morons and have pictures and descriptions already to copy into eBay

• Like 2

Thanks Ryan and Nairn:smile:

2 hours ago, goldtail77 said:

Before eBay, test the water with Gumtree. No fees and you just never know. If any parts are rare then people may travel. At worst you'll screen a few morons and have pictures and descriptions already to copy into eBay. 

Now that's a good idea:smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

Thanks Ryan and Nairn:smile:

Now that's a good idea:smile:

Be prepared to deal with complete idiots though. I'm trying to sell a camera lens, not cheap at £900, new is £1,200. Had an offer today of £400....:blink:

My advice is price above your desired level everyone will try and cut your feet of at the shoulders. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, goldtail77 said:

Be prepared to deal with complete idiots though. I'm trying to sell a camera lens, not cheap at £900, new is £1,200. Had an offer today of £400....:blink:

My advice is price above your desired level everyone will try and cut your feet of at the shoulders. 

Take the long way home after meeting via GumTree 😅 full of proper wierdo's and violin story tellers.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club