Do Not Sell My Personal Information

general info and experience required !

GreenBogey

Hey !

so basically my first car at the age of 22 was the 2000 ford focus ghia with the 130hp 2.0 zetec lump.

i had a crash that resulted in my front bumper and crash bar being destroyed and i then proceeded to put on a facelift bumper and mk2 headlights with the crash bar from the mk2 to keep the car roadworthy etc and everything went great ! colour matched the bumper, tinted the fog lights yellow and lowered the car on 35mm Apexi springs with the st170 drop-links on the front and standard shocks all round.

i absolutely love the car but the state of the rear bushings meant that the nearside rear wheel was off and the whole rear end crabbed off to the right when rolling anywhere.

recently i have written off my beloved "gerty" and have acquired a 2002 mk1.5 1.4 focus CL due to both my crashed being in my first year and the second one bringing two separate claims. 

i would absolutely love to put my 2.0 engine in the place of this new 1.4 and proceed to lower this second focus on the same springs whil renewing all the bushings underneath as i am desperately infatuated with the way these cars handle when stiff :) the plan is to brace up this three door body with front and rear struts, convert it to run the brakes and wheel hubs from the ghia and transfer some trim along with the clocks and trip computer with the engine. 

in an ideal world i would have all the central locking brought over as well but i just dont know what is possible at this stage and how much i would be looking to spend.

i plan on keeping this car for 2-3 years and driving it with appropriate vigor.

so basically..........

can anybody help me pretty please ? :D

I wouldn't want to pay your insurance with 2 crashes and a load of modifications!! :laugh:

Technically anythings possible with enough time, money and fabrication but in reality it'll be cheaper to buy a better one to start with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club