Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange leak in Focus 2010

Robotsindisguise

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've got a strange leak coming into my 2010 focus tdci. After a days investigation and peeling back carpets and insulation I have found the water is running down the interior passenger side footwell, next to where a bunch of wires come down. The water is clear and oudor less so i dont think its coolant of any kind.

Ive also read a lot about the pollen filter, mine is the model with it in behind the center console but I took that out and it was dry.

After testing with a hose to try and see where its getting in by starting at the top of the windscreen and working downwards it seems like its coming from somewhere down where the bonnet hinges are.

I cant see how I can get to this area to investigate further.

Im scared to remove the scuttle pannel incase i make more leaks as ive read in places you need to buy a new seal when putting it back on. I dont think its getting in between the scuttle panel and windscreen as I had the hose going directly in to the recess when the bonnet hinges are and water was geting in.

I plan to remove the wheel and splash guard next weekend to see if I can find anything behind there.

Does anyone have and ideas as to what could be causing the leak. My only thought could be a blocked drainage hole down there somewhere but id have no idea as to how to access it.

Thanks very much in advance.

Hopefully attached is a few pictures of where the water is going and coming from.

2016-12-11 17.27.33.jpg

Have you had a look on the bulkhead? Maybe a previous owner has removed a grommet for running a wire through for an amplifier etc.

Thanks for replying.

Ive had a look as far as i can see but cant see much. Will removing the scuttle panel allow me to see down there better and if so what are the pitfalls of removing it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club