Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking water in passengers foot well

martin2581

Got a Focus 1.6 - 2003 - After it rains got a puddle on the floor in the footwell. Tried removing plate under windscreen wipers and running silicon bead along. Seems to be design fault as air inlet is directly under windscreen wipers. Does anyone know if this is covered under a manufacturers recall, or know any cheap repairs, as I'm skint before Christmas.

Got a Focus 1.6 - 2003 - After it rains got a puddle on the floor in the footwell. Tried removing plate under windscreen wipers and running silicon bead along. Seems to be design fault as air inlet is directly under windscreen wipers. Does anyone know if this is covered under a manufacturers recall, or know any cheap repairs, as I'm skint before Christmas.

The classic Focus issue.

The plastic cowel (sp?) rarely gets put back properly after the pollen filter is serviced. As you point out, sealant can help (windscreen sealant better than regular silicone as it won't set so tough), but the fix is a £2 seal from Ford - they always have loads in stock and it takes all of 30 secs to fit, as it's adhesive.

It's not covered as a recall, as it is usually the fault of the person servicing, for not putting the seal in (usually too lazy to buy one, lol). Just make sure the screen is bone dry and clean before applying.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Had the same problem.

No it's not a manufacturers recall and it's a bit more than just fitting the seal that Ford supply.

There is a modified scuttle cover plate, which if you look on the back of it you will see there is a longer pollen filter cover than on the original cover plate, this allows the water to drip off clear of the filter.

There is a kit that Ford supply which includes the new cover, the seal and pins for fitting the new cover.

I can't remember the part number, but it's such a common problem Ford will know the kit.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Techy7.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club