Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Seating Position

Focused87

I can spend ages trying to adjust my seat to what I think is a one of a kind setting. 

I'm in a 2-door and tend to make backseat passengers enter and exit through the passenger side. 

Had a family member move my seat about a month ago :wallbash: - since then I've spent at least the last ten times in my car perfecting it back to my precise setting.   

Finally back to how it should be. 

Anyone have what they would consider their optimal driving position? :wheelchair:

I am rather OCD about my seat position.  I like it in the highest possible setting, as I hate looking "over" the steering wheel, and have the backrest in a fairly bolt upright position as that is how I sit in general.  I'm not really a "sloucher".

It also has to be as far back as it safely can be from the steering wheel or else I feel cramped and worry that in an accident the closer you are to the air bag, the more damage it will cause than prevent.  That proved to be very prudent when I had the accident in my Mercedes, as due to the fact I was far back from the steering wheel, the air bag protected me but did not actually hit my body on detonation.

My mother sits with her face practically pressed against the windscreen, which irritates the crap out of me.

• Like 2

Likewise, I can never get the seat adjusted to my liking, O.K. with other cars but unfortunately not so with a focus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devonboy said:

Likewise, I can never get the seat adjusted to my liking, O.K. with other cars but unfortunately not so with a focus.

I think with electric seats it is much easier to get the perfect position as you can make very small adjustments.  With manual adjustment it can be impossible to get it "just right" in terms of the fore and aft position.

I think I've found my perfect seating position in my focus, every other car I drive I can't seem to get that just right feeling, including my previous car which is still sat on the drive. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I am rather OCD about my seat position.  I like it in the highest possible setting, as I hate looking "over" the steering wheel, and have the backrest in a fairly bolt upright position as that is how I sit in general.  I'm not really a "sloucher".

It also has to be as far back as it safely can be from the steering wheel or else I feel cramped and worry that in an accident the closer you are to the air bag, the more damage it will cause than prevent.  That proved to be very prudent when I had the accident in my Mercedes, as due to the fact I was far back from the steering wheel, the air bag protected me but did not actually hit my body on detonation.

My mother sits with her face practically pressed against the windscreen, which irritates the crap out of me.

Same, I don't slouch in the car - I like to be able to see haha feel I have a better feel for the pedals when I sit upright. 

Very particular about this specific factor of driving :wacko: 

"My mother sits with her face practically pressed against the windscreen, which irritates the crap out of me." :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

I think I've found my perfect seating position in my focus, every other car I drive I can't seem to get that just right feeling, including my previous car which is still sat on the drive. 

Feel right at home in one - specially when I've found that perfect driving position. 

Top drive aswel a Focus. Nice direct feel. 

2013-Ford-Focus-front-end-in-motion.jpg

9 hours ago, Devonboy said:

I've had that before, usually occured in smaller cars eg. Corsa, Micra.

2006 Golf was a bit fiddly to get to exact position but was a good drive. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club