Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 1.6 TDCI FLYWHEEL LOCKING PIN

Maddog55

Hi all

I have seen a few topics on timing belt removal and I am going to do one soon. Was looking at flywheel locking and I have the  (LASER) tool that inserts on the bottom of the engine

over the exhaust pipe. Nice fit through the hole in the block was was wondering how much play should here be when the pin is located in the flywheel to lock it. I have placed the pin 

in the hole and rotated the crank till it goes in further and locks. It does this in two places on the flywheel but there is quite a bit of play in rotation of the crank and I am

wondering how much play there should be or have I located the wrong place on the flywheel. Is there a picture of a flywheel which shows the place where the tool should end up

on the flywheel. I do not want to be in the wrong place and damage the flywheel or do damage if it slips and the engine is rotated in an anticlockwise direction.

Thanks

Mark

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club