Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Mk2 Trip computer LCD display

Apocalyptica

Hi everybody!!

I have scrolled through the current topics to try find my issue maybe previously listed, but got discouraged at around page 20 of 700 odd. I hope someone has got some answer for this issue. If you look straight at the LCD display of the trip computer, you only see the black boxes or fill, like the self diagnostic calls it. If you look at it from an angle, you actually see the units and stuff displayed. So in other words, it works perfectly, but you can only read of it from an angle. Initially I thought it was the battery that is busy dying, but it tests perfect. I also cleaned the battery clamps. 

Does anyone have any answer to this? I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards

• 1 month later...

Hi. An old post I know, I found it while looking for something else. Hopefully you've fixed it. If not, I had the same problem on a 54 plate Mondeo I had. The little bulbs that illuminated the LCD display had blown, simple fix once I got past the worry of messing about on my new pride and joy, as it was then. The whole dash had to dropped, I don't know whether it's the same with the 07 Focus. I changed the lot while I was at it 3 or 4 bulbs from memory

Good luck

LCDs require a backlight to be seen proberly but thankfully on the focus the IC can be removed without messing about with the dash, undo the screws holding it to the dash, I think its 2 down the bottom on either side just above the steering wheel under a bit of plastic trim, then pull the whole IC forward from the top, be careful of the cables. I would suggest disconnecting the battery before doing anything.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club