Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traction control on slushy inclines

wealdman

I think anyone with a 4X4 that comes to the rescue of a stranded motorist should get a free road fund license for life!!

I gave my friends Dad a nice bottle of red for saving me! He took me to work this morning too, what a legend! I'm not against 4x4's. Just against people who are too scared to use them for what they are made for, it's these women with 1 kiddie driving around in them that pee me off <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InstructorPiggy

• Jonny87

• KeithC

• MarkyR

give it up Piggy, you're getting boring!

Just because you have the diesel doesn't mean you need to convince yourself everyday that you made the right choice!

You bought the Diesel. Now live with it! Stop trying to bash the petrol engine owners at every little chance you get!

Besides, in the snow it really makes no difference with the correct clutch and throttle control...

here here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I gave my friends Dad a nice bottle of red for saving me! He took me to work this morning too, what a legend! I'm not against 4x4's. Just against people who are too scared to use them for what they are made for, it's these women with 1 kiddie driving around in them that pee me off <_<

maybe you 1 day flic :rolleyes: <_< <_<

Just to correct you on that common misconception. Ice caps melt in the North pole/ Northern hemisphere, that cold (I think fresh water) then comes down the ocean and hit the gulfstream, the gulfstream is then either disrupted or stopped all together by the cold water and you say bye bye to the warm climate the UK has, the gulfstream is essential to the warmer weather in the UK, just look how far North we are on the globe.

We are predicted to get hotter summers and harsher colder winters. And seeing as a worldwide maximum 2 degree rise has been accepted, kind off, I suggest we all prepare for some harsher times ahead.... Just turn your air con up 2 degree's, then imagine that on a planetary scale!!

are you James May?!

:mellow:

Who did they blame 12,000 years ago, bet it wasn't the &#33;Removed&#33; motorists.

:lol:

this is like the one line topic posting comedy! :lol:

• 6 months later...

I need some help form you Zetec S owner guys, I am considering buying a Zetec S but the wife is worried about it's handling in the snow, as we couldn't move our Mazda 6 off the drive last January. I have read some of your posts here so would anyone say that the tyres on the Titanium are better in these conditions or would I be just better off fitting some snow chains to the Zetec S, I assume you can fit snow chains to the Zetec S? I have my first test drive in the Zetec S booked for tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

In the snow it wont make much difference if you have a titanium or Zetec.

Last winter mine wasnt much use in the snow,as the cars simply too lightweight.

If your mazda 6(mondeo clone)wont move in the snow,a fiesta certainly wont.

You could add snow chains ,but is that really necessary for how many days of snow we actually et in the uk.

Dave

Yeah, my car's useless in the snow, which I did in part put down to the larger/wider tyres on my mk7. The weight probably does also have an effect too. Apart from that the car's excellent really. If you're really concerned about the snow I'd probably go for something like a nearly new Nissan Qashqui 4wd or used Freelander.

Thanks for the info pikestones, just one other question, I understand the Zetec S has low profile tyres, as upposed to the usuals on the Titanium, since I also had low profiles on my Mazda 6 would you say this adds to the problem on snow or makes no difference?

you would certainly be better off in a front wheeldrive car in the snow than a 4x4 in most cases. my zs never had any issues with the sludge and snow. dont need chains not enough snow if you really need to get somewhere get a set of winter tyres and you will have no problems. thats if the next winter is anything like this last one.

Thanks for all the advice guys, thats really helped make my mind up for me, now all I have to do is decide which colour looks best.

you would certainly be better off in a front wheeldrive car in the snow than a 4x4 in most cases.

Really? The only advantage I can think of is that you're less likely to get overconfident about grip available in a fwd car.

when the snow hit here and it was thick as... cos we live out down a private road it was never gritted... the 1st time my dads clk 320 was just deemed useless it would get stuck everywhere with it being RWD, my mums rav4 4WD had no problems it just waltzed out and through the thick snow... and my little fiesta was ok with the snow but couldn't manage some slopes i had to just have a really good go at them!... the 2nd time same story again with my dads jag stuck in it, my mums ML 500 (4WD) had no problem and my fiesta struggled at times again but could cope....

so after my long and probably pointless tale... i dont see how FWD is better than 4WD?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club