Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Drink driving

Russ

Has anyone else seen this imbecile yet? The video makes interesting viewing and as for her sentence!!!! 

Mother jailed after flipping car over roundabout with toddler in the back

I saw that on the news earlier this evening.

That woman should never hold a driving licence again, nor should she be free after 3 1/2 months or only pay a minuscule £115.

It is worrying to think that in three years time she could be behind the wheel again on a road near you...

• Like 1

Disgusting, she should have the child taken off her!
Says in the article that her reading was 246mg and the legal limit is 80mg/100ml. I thought the limit in England was 35mg??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is shocking to watch! Almost looks like something out of cartoon or film the way the car goes. 

How anyone can do something like that- especially with a child on mind is absolutely ridiculous!

I saw that on the news earlier this evening.
That woman should never hold a driving licence again, nor should she be free after 3 1/2 months or only pay a minuscule £115.
It is worrying to think that in three years time she could be behind the wheel again on a road near you...

It's worrying to think she will probably be behind the wheel after 3 and a half months!

9 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's worrying to think she will probably be behind the wheel after 3 and a half months!

True!  Lets just hope she doesn't relocate to Scotland.  We've got enough drink drivers of our own to deal with.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Disgusting, she should have the child taken off her!
Says in the article that her reading was 246mg and the legal limit is 80mg/100ml. I thought the limit in England was 35mg??

Other way around Jon, it's lower here and still 80mg in England.

• Like 1

I was convinced it was 35mg but I got my numbers and units muddled. It's 80mg/100ml of blood and 35mcg/ml of breath. In Scotland it is 50mg and 22mcg. Watching too much police interceptors haha

Scotland has its own fair share of daring drivers and more than it's fair share of bad drivers

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I was convinced it was 35mg but I got my numbers and units muddled. It's 80mg/100ml of blood and 35mcg/ml of breath. In Scotland it is 50mg and 22mcg. Watching too much police interceptors haha

Scotland has its own fair share of daring drivers and more than it's fair share of bad drivers

Ah, I see what you mean now.

Oh yes it certainly does, and unfortunately in the past couple of months I've noticed that 80% of them are driving Fords... :sad:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

unfortunately in the past couple of months I've noticed that 80% of them are driving Fords... :sad:

....cos all the Vauxhalls spontaneously combusted!!! :smile:

• Like 2

this idiot should be sentenced to attempted murder, not a couple months.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

this idiot should be sentenced to attempted murder, not a couple months.

Agreed!  And worse still according to news reports she didn't even ask for her son when people came to help, only caring about herself.  Selfish, selfish woman.

37 minutes ago, Turvey said:

....cos all the Vauxhalls spontaneously combusted!!! :smile:

True!!

She should be made to catch the bus for the rest of her life.

If it were a male driver, I bet his sentence would have been at least three times as harsh.

But sexism only works in one direction! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Incontro said:

She should be made to catch the bus for the rest of her life.

If it were a male driver, I bet his sentence would have been at least three times as harsh.

But sexism only works in one direction! :rolleyes:

Hear hear!!

Watching this makes you feel so dam angry,if you know you are going to have even a small amount why even consider getting behind the wheel.

And to put a little kid into the car.

Watching this makes you feel so dam angry,if you know you are going to have even a small amount why even consider getting behind the wheel.
And to put a little kid into the car.

People like her will never learn, she should have her licence and child taken off her. Seemingly there is no direct equivalent to the U.S. law of 'reckless endangerment' it just falls under the crime that has been committed, in this case DUI and Dangerous Driving with or without Driving w/out insurance. Even the Offences Against the Person Act is no longer valid which would probably have covered 'Exposure' to danger. She is not fit to look after a house spider [emoji35]

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club