Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette lighter 12v charger query

Paulr23

Hi,

Not sure if right forum section but...

My 12v charger thing doesn't work anymore, its strange as it was working before, and I tried it again after a couple of months (I barely use it) and it isn't working anymore. I tried replacing the 15a fuse which is behind the glove box however there was not a fuse in the slot for the cigarette lighter there, and I didn't change it and it hasn't fell out, I tried to put one in there and it just doesn't sit in, kind of like the fuse for heated seats because I do not have heated seats I guess the metal prongs which hold it in are missing or was just never there in the first place? 

Unless of course it doesnt need a fuse and has one inside. 

Oh and the car is a mk6 facelift fiesta, 1.25 model.

Thanks

Paul

Nevermind, very rookie mistake from me, didnt realise there is two fuse sections for the cigarette lighter. 

• Like 1

Was it the fuse? If not sometime the contacts get full of crap and need cleaning, or just the socket replacing. 

29 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Was it the fuse? If not sometime the contacts get full of crap and need cleaning, or just the socket replacing. 

Yeah mate, the fuse was black. a 15a fuse was in the socket for Daytime lights (Scandinavia only) so I just replaced it with that one which I assume I dont need

Yeah. Just check it doesn't feed anything else. 15a seems alot for a couple bulbs, then again I'm not familiar with the mk6.

• Like 1

I had a 2006 Fiesta Ghia and the contacts in the 12v outlet were dirty and I couldn't get my satnav to work.   I tried scraping them with a key and blew the fuse.   I decided I'd do without the satnav and started the engine with no trouble.   However, the accelerator pedal then did nothing.   I was very fortunate in that I had stopped right opposite a car spares shop so I bought some fuses and replaced the fuse.   The accelerator then worked.   

Wonder who had the bright idea of putting the 12v outlet and the accelerator on the same circuit. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club