Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine remapping&best insurance companies

Sam111

Hi all, looking at getting my focus engine re mapped and need to know which insurance companies cover it and are good with prices. Wasted time already doing quotes only to find after choosing engine remapping that they don't cover any engine mods!!!! 

I'm with Admiral and they will insure anything that does not raise the bhp by over 25% and was reasonably priced too it only added 20% to my premium, the wife said no to the remap though so I will have to start squirrelling money away so I can pay for it without her noticing lol. I spoke to someone else and they remapped their car and gained an extra 46bhp and his premium went up by 15%, he's with Aviva

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It always gets to me when modding a car in ANY way( as long as it's done properly) the insurance goes up a lot in some cases. Surly they must see as to me its common sense that in general any one who mods looks after their car (and in some cases to a fanatical degree) far better than the average joe. And in most cases where  mods are done properly actually improves the safety of the car For example my car has the best  new tyres that are 100% suited for the car type I can afford, not remolds or part worn is looked at for tyre pressure oil water etc every weekend no matter what. If it even squeaks anywhere it is investigated. If there is a fault very rare  it get fixed almost straight away.If it gets a ding in the paint it's fixed  I look after it well I think .Now if you take MR or MRS/Miss average they buy a car  often fit the cheapest tyres never check anything don't fix broken break light bulbs never open the bonnet between service it  ever gets one, never check oil water levels  and then only complain when it actually stops and they wonder why. We modders (enthusiasts) don't do that and are proud of our cars.Yes I know that in some cases you get the racing  idiot boy syndrome you know the one with the  loud big back box  tied on with string and nothing else can't really guard against that. My car has the Collins CP3 340 BHP mods ( among other things)  just because it goes like stink I don't drive it that way because I can, that's not what its for but I had to pay for the insurance hike. My guess is I probably could have bought the standard RS with about the same BHP and pay less for the insurance. I know there is a lot of ins and outs here  as I understand that some parts are not standard like the exhaust etc but I hope you can see my point here

I can absolutely see your point and agree with what most of what you say, in my experience though if you take a group of 'modders' from a varied demographic then the real 'enthusiasts' are out numbered but the chavs with their bean can exhaust and Halfords special tyres and wheels package, complete with plastic spacers lol they are the people who put up the prices in that category. Short of having the car inspected when the mods are declared there is nothing the insurers can do to guarantee you are an 'enthusiast' and not a 'modder' . They have to assume you go out drag racing in MacDonalds car park. It's not fair but it's not going to change. You would be cheaper insuring a top spec ST-3 than you would be to insure a mk6 fiesta running a stage 2 remap. They've got you over a barrel, they just bend you over and take your money, no lube and they don't buy you dinner first either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club