Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HID Thread

S666LER

And by the way, the alignment will not change when you replace the standards, but if for some rare reason you mess it up, you can get them realigned at your local mot station.. this is the only reason they'd fail you on an mot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S666LER

• alexavfc

• Chris Ecc

• Jonny87

Wrong, They would fail on no headlight washers and self levelling light system aswell

i think we might have a few potentail piggies coming up through the ranks :rolleyes:

lol :lol:

i think we might have a few potentail piggies coming up through the ranks :rolleyes:

nah, most of what's been said about HID's by the detractors is correct, something Piggy failed to grasp. ;)

nah, most of what's been said about HID's by the detractors is correct, something Piggy failed to grasp. ;)

lol god bless em!

Wrong, They would fail on no headlight washers and self levelling light system aswell

Wrong have had cars pass with aftermarket hid kits installed and know of other cases. I know they should not have but they did so...........

Not as simple as that mate, you will have ballasts and all sorts to remove as well. Each to their own.

The ballast is between what connects to your bulb and the plug for the back of the bulbs itself so its basically the same as removing a standard h7 bulb from you car.

Maybe 15mins i will give ya that lol

yes your correct they shouldnt have passed.

my 206 failed with them in so i took them out and never put them back.

Update.... well today i fitted the hids and got to say the beam pattern is spot on. Maybe a tad lower. Gonna give them a go and see how i get on. First thoughts are very white and clear went 4300k as did not want them to be really blue.

Before with halogen

Photo0365.jpg

After with hid fitted

Photo0367.jpg

Update.... well today i fitted the hids and got to say the beam pattern is spot on. Maybe a tad lower. Gonna give them a go and see how i get on. First thoughts are very white and clear went 4300k as did not want them to be really blue.

Before with halogen

Photo0365.jpg

After with hid fitted

Photo0367.jpg

Can you talk a picture from inside looking out as if you where driving without anything in the way :) do you have a longer view or just a brighter one?

Look very cool though :)

Nice matey, although I was going to opt for the 6000k myself

Easy to fit?

Yes and no, remove head light and take off the rubber cap which has the h7 bulb behind it. Then pull the plug off the back of the h7 bulb, you will then notice that the plug has a metal clip on it. Separate the two and then comes the annoying bit, you need to cut the clip as its a circle and the wires wont fit through it,so just snip the metal so you can clip it around the bulb, and then put the bulb back in to the original hole again securing the clips.

I think it will be fine to convert back to h7 bulbs but just annoying that you have to cut it. When you get to the point of this you will see what i mean.

Once you have got the hid clipped in and secure you will then need to make a hole in the rubber cap. Up to you how you do it but i made it to bigger hole really as once i fitted the lights back in the wires and everything fell back into the headlight itself and only needed a small hole to let the wires through.

So once you have got the wires through the hole, connect up the 2 wires (one red ,one black)into the original plug to get power to the lights.

Now its just a case of putting the ballasts under the bonnet somewhere and then turning them on.

1 thing i noticed on the first 2 turn ons of the lights before the engine was running was 1st time the n/s light did not come on and then the 2nd time the o/s did not come on. 3rd start up and all was fine and has been since then so whether the ecu was adjusting or something but its been fine since.

Let me know how ya get on and if you need any help i will try and point you in the right direction.

Can you talk a picture from inside looking out as if you where driving without anything in the way :) do you have a longer view or just a brighter one?

Look very cool though :)

Yes i will get a picture asap, its a clearer light in front of the car more i think but i will be able to put my mothers fiesta next to mine at the weekend and show original against hids so that will show the difference hopefully.

Pictures of how you fitted it all to? :P

Pictures of how you fitted it all to? :P

I have got to say i was just finishing up and i thought ''i should have done a how to''. I am going to remove it all at the weekend as i wanna make it neater and hide the wires a bit more so if i can i will try and take some decent pictures.

Oh and here are some pics at night

Dipped beam

Photo0368.jpg

Full beam

Photo0369.jpg

Ok ive just been watching Wheeler Dealers on Shed and they were fitting aftermarket HID kits to cars they were selling and didnt mention anything about self leveling lights or self cleaning. The Lexus they were fitting them to did have self cleaning lights but nothing mentioned about them.

Also they just kept called the HID lights modern lights or sporty lights.

Ideas?

More importantly how are people getting on with there HID lights?

Ok ive just been watching Wheeler Dealers on Shed and they were fitting aftermarket HID kits to cars they were selling and didnt mention anything about self leveling lights or self cleaning. The Lexus they were fitting them to did have self cleaning lights but nothing mentioned about them.

Also they just kept called the HID lights modern lights or sporty lights.

Ideas?

More importantly how are people getting on with there HID lights?

A how to guide would be useful, as this could be a popular mod

A how to guide would be useful, as this could be a popular mod

They just showed popping out the lights etc nothing in depth!

Loads of things on youtube.

What are peoples thoughts on what wheeler dealers said?

Nah still illegal unless its got self leveling lights and washers, and too be honest i would not take what they say on wheel dealers with much hope.

I am getting on good, not had a single flashing lights/middle finger from anyone and is alot nicer to drive with the clearer lights

Nah still illegal unless its got self leveling lights and washers, and too be honest i would not take what they say on wheel dealers with much hope.

I am getting on good, not had a single flashing lights/middle finger from anyone and is alot nicer to drive with the clearer lights

have you got a link for the kit you bought ?

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club