Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 reverse camera

Postie123

Sadley the bloke That was gonna come round as I don't have the modified cable can't make it today so won't be able to activate it till tomorrow afternoon.

Ill be sure to keep you up dated of how I get on.

So activated it today and got this??

IMG_1307.PNG

I will be fit camera to mk3.5 it will be difffrent ?

When the camera is not plugged in I get a black screen with all the four options.

The rear view camera with part number BM5T-19G490-JB (Finis 1785520) is an early type that was used from  01-09-2011 --> 13-12-2013 for the 5-door Hatchback.

I suspect that this type of rear view camera is not compatible with your FCDIM and/or BCM.

From 13-01-2014 --> a different type of rear view camera is used for the 5-door hatchback. This rear view camera has part number EM5T-19G490-FB (Finis 1867926).

This might be the cause of the problem.

Right ok! Thanks again for the reply, I'll get it ordered tomorrow and hopefully get it Monday.

Hi, I got the new camera and this is what I get.

745D1F25-F5DC-4290-A167-EBAC285E82DA.jpeg

Would I need to plug in every plug as I’ve only plugged in the plug to the car loom and the two plugs to the camera.

You should start measuring the wiring.

The rear view camera connector has the following pinout:

Pin 1 = power
Pin 2 = LIN --> to BCM
Pin 3 = Video -  --> to FCDIM camera connector. 
Pin 4 = Video +  --> to FCDIM camera connector. 
Pin 5 = Ground
Pin 6  = Shield  --> to FCDIM camera connector. 

On the olds rear view camera system the rear view camera received power from the camera module. Unfortunately I do not have any schematics of the newer rear view camera system so i do not know exactly how the rear view camera is powered on this system. Possibly a fuse needs to be installed to power the rear view camera.

Forgive me for being stupid but when you say start measuring the wiring what do you mean exactly?

ill check the connectors tomorrow on my day off from work.

long shot I know but do you have any idea what fuse number?

So I checked the fuses and already had f29 in the boot but nothing in the engine bay fuse box ( 28 10amp) so fitted that but still nothing. Would be a case that the small bit of loom on boot handle could be wrong?

0BE0462B-4465-498C-902B-285527EB4EC9.jpeg

2754FB92-1DBD-48D4-8039-1CECED2848BB.jpeg

12983E5D-DEC3-4791-BE62-89B72DE40FD0.jpeg

8337D996-A379-495A-8A5C-04A23E6044F9.jpeg

7FAEA549-9B87-4524-96CE-819EF79C005E.jpeg

FBF33DD2-C8DB-45AC-BEE1-55285F687285.jpeg

67DB5048-9FDD-4D67-8001-C28985770776.jpeg

1946AF6E-037E-46E6-BF5A-C78DB90EA51B.jpeg

61EDB053-0B2C-489A-A3CF-F99CE7284526.jpeg

61B37AA1-1017-4A25-B743-B612E80182F2.jpeg

0C9963F0-C6E4-4A20-B088-72133EE6C406.jpeg

EA2E8C6B-9090-4AE8-81D6-08862D2DFAB8.jpeg

DB5013E5-2C97-418C-B7C1-B3F3FC29EEDD.jpeg

18 hours ago, Postie123 said:

Forgive me for being stupid but when you say start measuring the wiring what do you mean exactly?

ill check the connectors tomorrow on my day off from work.

long shot I know but do you have any idea what fuse number?

Measure for resistance between the following connector pins:

Rear view camera connector Pin 3 to FCDIM camera connector pin 4 (resistance should be close to 0 Ohm).
Rear view camera connector Pin 4 to FCDIM camera connector pin 2 (resistance should be close to 0 Ohm).
Rear view camera connector Pin 5 to vehicle ground (resistance should be close to 0 Ohm).
Rear view camera connector Pin 6 to FCDIM camera connector pin 3 (resistance should be close to 0 Ohm).

xfqrT2Z.thumb.jpg.6a5cc166efdb2de4b51618e7461b3dce.jpg

Note that this image displays the socket pinout. 

Next put the car in reverse with the ignition on and measure the voltage between rear view camera connector Pin 1 and vehicle ground. This should be 12 Volt

Right ok. I don't have a voltage meter so will have to borrow one from somewhere. Hopefully I can get one tomorrow.

In the picture just above your last reply is that where you want me to measure? That picture is the car loom connected to the new camera loom.

Oh do you mean take off the the fcdim and unplug the green plug and measure from the fcdim to the plug?

Will I have to keep the big black plug with the sliding lock plugged in?

The picture displays the FCDIM (display) camera connector pinout. You have to measure between the FCDIM camera connector and the rear view camera connector (at the camera).

This way you can rule out all wiring and connectors in between. 

The rear view camera should work if the video pins are connected to the FCDIM and the camera has power. 

Ah I see. I'm picking up a volt meter tomorrow so will report back then.

cheers

Hi mate sorry for the long reply (been quiet I'll). So I sent my car to a auto vehicle technician and he said there is a loom missing? He is saying that the white plug with purple bit is for the video but there is no where for it to plug in. The grey plug is to plug into the loom built into the car.

Im now lost with what to do a small this has cost me a lot of money with a loom and module I can't return as I've had them to long so won't accept a refund.

Any help will be most appreciated as I'm losing the will to live with this mod lol.

IMG_1314.JPG

Is there a way of making my own loom up just for the video feed or will it be best to buy an aftermarket one and just use the Ford camera?

• 6 months later...

@JW1982 I know this is an old thread so this is a long shot but here goes.

Today I activated the camera service on my Sync3 unit and it appears to be working, when I select reverse the displays switches to a blue screen - I don’t have a camera hooked up yet.

i don’t have the wiring loom in the boot (don’t have parking sensors) but I have bought one of these 

i have a universal camera coming and plan to wire the power to the reverse light and then run the RCA cable the length of the car and plug it into the ‘new’ RCA socket.

Do you think this will work?

Gosh, what a palava! Thank goodness my aged 14 year old Focus comes standard with 2 x door mirrors as I'd be really snookered when reversing! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gosh, what a palava! Thank goodness my aged 14 year old Focus comes standard with 2 x door mirrors as I'd be really snookered when reversing! [emoji3]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] 1st world problems lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hello guys. Sorry for posting here as i'm an owner of a fiesta st but i need JW1982 help if it is possible.I have retrofitted the factory camera to my st 2017 model (with 4.2 inch screen) taken from a 2016 titanium.Before adding the missing cables i activated the camera and saw the screen below. After adding the cables i have the same screen with the menu working.My car doesn't have parking sensors. The FCDIM mumber is F1BT-18B955-LA. Can you think something? Wrong firmware, wrong FCDIM or anything else...Please help.

Thank you.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club