Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*** Fiesta 3 years warranty query

BHeart

Hi

We have purchased many new cars over the last 17 years and the cars normally come with three (3) years parts and labour warranty but, to be entitled to the second and third years, you need to have the car serviced!

So, in effect, you are already paying for the labour!  So how is that three years parts and labour warranty?

well if you think its such a bad deal dont buy from new then

strewth  :-/

its a bit of a stupid statement really when you consider that with servicing you are paying for preventative maintenance which reduces the likelyhood of more expensive repairs early in the cars life.

and why complain now after 17 yrs of buying from new ?

any car warranty has always been dependent on proper servicing , its not like this requirement only popped up last week.......

• Haha 1

I understand that by servicing the car, you are paying for preventative maintenance

It was not a stupid statement!  It was a true and valid statement!  I asked a simple question regarding the 3 years parts and labour warranty, which it is meant to be!

My question was simple and valid; if you have to pay for the car to be serviced on the second and third years then the labour is not free!

Edited by alexp999
Removed Inappropriate Language

In all fairness, a modern car shouldn't go wrong within 3 years anyway.

Think of it this way, I could buy a 3 year old Fiesta for half the price, completely write it off and buy another one for roughly the same cost as a brand new one.

its parts and repair labour warranty. seems fair enough to me, wear and tear isnt warranty and as such needs mechanical maintanance to prevent mechanical damage.

Really I agree with principle of what  biff55 said but I may not have used the exact words but Bheart's style of reply is not exactly commendable.  

The warranty is for any parts that are defective and the labour to replace those parts. Not the labour to replace serviceable replacement items that are changed during a service. The terms are in the document. You can have warranty work done at any time - not just during routine servicing. 

The mandatory warranty that a manufacturer has to provide is, I believe, just 6 months. After that, you're technically into things like the car being not 'fit for purpose'.

However, warranties are an area that most, if not all, car makers are competing on. So the likes of Kia are offering 7 years, their sister company Hyundai are offering 5 years, and so on.

Essentially a warranty stretching into years is a legal agreement. Part of the agreement is that if you want the warranty repairs to continue, you agree to meet certain conditions. The only time in recent years (that I can think of at least) that manufacturers have come unstuck, is when they were saying they'd only honour the warranty of a vehicle that was serviced by them. But this wasn't because of regulation in the 'warranty industry', it was because a court said this was an unfair clause in contract law. It's the case that the servicing requirements could reasonably be fulfilled by any garage. Unfortunately, many less reputable/pirate companies (Ford included as I found out) will still regularly try to wriggle out of warranty agreements and legal obligations as a matter of standard practice.

So unless the OP can prove that having to pay to service his cars during the warranty period is an unfair practice, he'll just have to lump it.

One observation though. If the servicing costs of brand new vehicles annoys him, why not negotiate a servicing package as part of his purchase deals?

Closing this thread as the answer has already been explained multiple times.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club