Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Floor mats

ToXIcG

So I've been looking at replacing the front floor mats in my Zetec (not bothered about the rear) and im kinda going towards the rubber ones because they will be longer lasting and I like the design of them.

I'm just wondering whether you guys think they would look out of place in my Zetec?

At least they'll be easy to clean. I liked the look of the checker plate style rubber mats, can get them in different colours and look quite smart. Couldn't find any that were specifically designed for the Fiesta though.

• Like 1

Have you checked Weathertech matts? I like the look, they protect even behind the gas pedal and are nice to clean.

• Like 1

Why would mats designed for a fiesta look out of place in a fiesta?

i have them in my ST during the winter

image.thumb.jpeg.6d838954980ac2264b81466ebed25ee8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1a9ab00ae5d8a46e472d3cec452ccaa3.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Why would mats designed for a fiesta look out of place in a fiesta?

i have them in my ST during the winter

image.thumb.jpeg.6d838954980ac2264b81466ebed25ee8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1a9ab00ae5d8a46e472d3cec452ccaa3.jpeg

Just because I thought they are meant for like vans and the like, industrial use.

I've been told that you slip on them when they're wet and they accumulate water, is this true?

34 minutes ago, iantt said:

ive got rubber mats all round for winter and carpet mats for summer.

Ain't you posh lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just because I thought they are meant for like vans and the like, industrial use.
I've been told that you slip on them when they're wet and they accumulate water, is this true?
Better on the mats than soaked into the carpet and foam.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had a set of rubber mats for 3 years and had no issue with my feet slipping on them and tbh I've been considering another set as their a lot easier to keep clean then velour .

• Like 1

I've had plenty of slippery rubber mats, they used to be the OEM ones in late 90s/early 00's Peugeots.  Found they wore pretty quickly where heels went and didn't remove any water from soles so shoes slipped on the pedals as well as the mats...the squeak of sole on clutch gets annoying quickly lol! :rolleyes: Plus they went grey and looked awful...anything you put on them to bring the colour back makes them even more slippery...

The velour ones are stupid expensive for Fords, but don't seem to stain or trap dirt, a quick hoover every 6 months or so and they still look fine after ~10 years.  Just wish I had a full set in the Focus...for some reason I have 3 of the thin crap OE carpet ones and one nice black velour one on the drivers front! :laugh:  If they didn't cost more than a tank of fuel for a full new set I'd have them all round personally.  Soak up water efficiently but don't stain or wear quickly in my experience.  

• Like 1

I have some carpet mats which I've been told were off an ST. If your worried about liquids soaking into the carpets try gtechniq smart fabric. It makes the liquid bead over the fabric. 

Will also try and get pics

• Like 1

Hi all, i got set of front rubber mats from amazon for £25.56 fit perfect on my 2014 ecoboost, always use rubber

mats in winter and swop back to carpet in the spring, no problem with slipping and look great.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club