Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen filter

F0CUE

15 hours ago, Albert27 said:

Well done mate.  Every job I've come to the second time has always been easier (except the time i stripped the sump plug lol).  Practice makes perfect as they say........

Lol I stripped mines too had buy the sockets you get in screwfix that tear into it to get it off.

• Like 1

Well that was a nightmare of a job!

Just done it took 45 mins reasembley was a pain as my glove box has an air vent in it. when i can to drive the car to work the dash showed up an engine system fault, so back over to the fuse box and push every connector block one creaks and the engine system fault disappears(I hope, never have I had a car that was like a woman) 

• Like 1

Replaced my pollen filter, the cover actually has 3 bolts so I snapped the top cover off accidentally, but that actually makes it easier to put back on and take off so not really worried. When I bought the car 3 months ago it had a pretty strong cigarette smell so I cleaned the interior and headliner and that made it better, but with the fans on it absolutely stank of smoke. Replaced the pollen filter today and ran it round, it smells clean finally. Absolutely no trace of cigarette smoke. The filter itself was disgustingly dirty, and by looking at it I don't think it's ever been replaced, and if it has then it was a very very long time ago. A thick cloud of black soot came off it when I chucked it in the bin. It was also installed backwards and I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes, but it was genuinely awful, I've never seen anything so dirty in my life.

Was considering buying Airvidox to clear out the smell, but now that I've replaced the filter I don't get the smell anymore anyway.

well done @F0CUE - every Tom, ***** and Harry are replacing their filters as a result of this thread.  People are breathing easier in their cars :thumbup:

37 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

well done @F0CUE - every Tom, ***** and Harry are replacing their filters as a result of this thread.  People are breathing easier in their cars :thumbup:

Yaaaay lol less smelly cars and healthier people :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club