Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desperate for your help!

Martin Syddall

Hi Folks,

I fitted an upgrade kit and all was great for months then all of a sudden the O/S light went off. I thought it was the bulb but I could not get a replacement locally so I bought another kit. After fitting it the lights started working and I thought great, but half a minute later it went out again????? if I switch the lights off for 5 minutes they start up again but the O/S fails again shortly after.Can anybody give me some ideas as to what’s causing this issue.

You'll have to be a bit clearer as to what the upgrade is.

If it's an HID headlamp upgrade you're asking about,  did you swap the ballast too, I'd suspect that's at fault.

Put it back to what it was designed for, OE lights aren't the best, but looks like retrofit HID will fail MOT soon anyway

• Like 2

That's what happens when you fit cheap HIDs. 

I hope youve got projectors fitted, if not I won't he giving anymore advice after this.

When I had my fiesta, cheap 35w hid kits wouldn't work properly. I fitted a fairly decent 55w kit and for whatever reason that just worked. I didn't even have to install a Relay to the battery. In your case, it could be a case of either the ballast being faulty, or, it's not able to draw enough power to keep the bulb lit.

I hope youve got projectors fitted, if not I won't he giving anymore advice after this.

This made me laugh way too much than it should!

I’d wager on it being a faulty ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club