Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'55 Focus Titanium - Changing Headlights

StefanM

Good evening fellow Focus owners, i am new to this forum, and have owned my '55 plate 2.0 Tdci Focus Titanium for just over 2 weeks.

I am sure this has come up in conversation before but i cannot find anything...

I am wanting to know... The standard halogen headlights which come standard on the car, can they be replaced with the Focus ST style (Projector Style) (HID) Xenon lights (Genuine Ford), is it a straight swap in and out, or is there differing wiring which is needed?

Thank you in advance

Good evening fellow Focus owners, i am new to this forum, and have owned my '55 plate 2.0 Tdci Focus Titanium for just over 2 weeks.

I am wanting to know... The standard halogen headlights which come standard on the car, can they be replaced with the Focus ST style (Projector Style) (HID) Xenon lights (Genuine Ford), is it a straight swap in and out, or is there differing wiring which is needed?

Thank you in advance

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/section.php/916/va/lighting

i really cou;ldnt say but have a look here there are others available

Thank you in advance

I've rung ford about this for my mk1 they said they wont go in because of legislation saying i need washers in the bumpers and levling motors etc seem to need alot more wiring etc not to sur about the mk2 but i know the mk1's just dont like them fitted!. Try just changing the bulbs in a dark set of zetec lights if you want the black effect or just putting hid effect bulbs in your standard cluster

Mike

Hi & thanks for the replies!

It is more of the wanting the Xenon (HID) bright white lights i am after than anything else, and personally i dont like the aftermarket projecter style lights with the leds in etc, but the ST headlights are perfect, and i understand that you need to have the washers and leveling bits to be legal, but you would need them to put the HID bulbs in the standard lenses to be legal.

I will keep searching!

& Thanks again!

Hi & thanks for the replies!

It is more of the wanting the Xenon (HID) bright white lights i am after than anything else, and personally i dont like the aftermarket projecter style lights with the leds in etc, but the ST headlights are perfect, and i understand that you need to have the washers and leveling bits to be legal, but you would need them to put the HID Bulbs in the standard lenses to be legal.

I will keep searching!

& Thanks again!

HID Effect bulbs you dont there just a bit whiter and brighter but the distance is quite noticable where as to fit a HID Kit is illegal ... i think although my mate has a set in his GTa metro and hasnent been pulled yet. If it was my car, colour depending id fit the dark surround lights with a set of xeon effect bulbs, superbrite sides and main beams.

Mike

HID Effect bulbs you dont there just a bit whiter and brighter but the distance is quite noticable where as to fit a HID kit is illegal ... i think although my mate has a set in his GTa metro and hasnent been pulled yet. If it was my car, colour depending id fit the dark surround lights with a set of xeon effect bulbs, superbrite sides and main beams.

Mike

thesehid kits are a nightmare 3 of my mates have had them done by an auto electrician and they keep failing hes advised them to bin the !Removed! things and says he hates them as the amount that fail is unreal and hes trained to fit them the dear ones cant remember the name is it pia or summat ?but says these cheap kits are a waste of money ive gone with xenon effect bright white for headlights bright white xenon side lights led indicator bulbs and bright white fog bulbs all from eBay and they are good make a big difference and give the look you want for no where near the mopney hey its cheating but who cares as long as i can see i dont care

• 1 year later...

i would like to know haow its done aswell please if any one can help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club