Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Claim

fiesta_lad

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me what it is my car insurance is due for renewal soon less than a month. at the moment iam with churcill now back in january this year i had some idiot driver hit the front of my car while parked ( me not to blame) so ive told my insurance company what happend etc and they are dealing with it anyway the question is do i have to tell my new insurance company about this claim has it still outstanding because the other driver is saying they never hit me but what ive noicted is when iam doing online insurance quotes my quote seems to be very high with this claim but when i take the claim off it goes very cheap so iam wondering way iam i getting stung for something that is not my fault its anoying. cheers alan

I guess that depends on the questionnaire – if they are asking (and most do) if you have had an accident in the last 2 years and you say no, you could find they invalidated your insurance should they discover about it at a later date.

I think I would call a suitable insurance company and discuss it with them –only problem then is you might find you’re stuck with the ‘telesales’ person who can’t answer anything if its not on the script on the screen in front of them :rolleyes:

…but worth a go a least :)

I guess that depends on the questionnaire – if they are asking (and most do) if you have had an accident in the last 2 years and you say no, you could find they invalidated your insurance should they discover about it at a later date.

I think I would call a suitable insurance company and discuss it with them –only problem then is you might find you’re stuck with the ‘telesales’ person who can’t answer anything if its not on the script on the screen in front of them :rolleyes:

…but worth a go a least :)

I can only ask but its doing my head in the way iam getting stung for other peoples bad careless driveing plus there not owning up but like i always say what goes around comes around.

If i were hit by a 'bad' driver i would rather phone the police than the insurance company and epecially so if they drive off but you have their reg. this way atleast the police will write a report on what happened and whos fault, and should have no come back saying it wasnt me.

i would definetly phone an insurance company and discuss it with them, im with endsleigh at the moment and must admit i cant fault their customer service/advice so far.

If i were hit by a 'bad' driver i would rather phone the police than the insurance company and epecially so if they drive off but you have their reg. this way atleast the police will write a report on what happened and whos fault, and should have no come back saying it wasnt me.

i would definetly phone an insurance company and discuss it with them, im with endsleigh at the moment and must admit i cant fault their customer service/advice so far.

The police were called because the dozy !Removed! refuse to give me her details so when i got home i phoned the police and had to go the station to give a statement the police also put it down failing to stop because she did not give me her details so the police were looking into it i had to send them a diagram to show them what happend etc few weeks later after that police got back in touch saying there was notthing they can do what aload of bull.

If only … as there were no injuries sustained by anyone, and no witnesses, the police would not issue any statement regarding fault. The cost of looking into an accident of this nature would quite simply be restrictive.

The police were called because the dozy !Removed! refuse to give me her details so when i got home i phoned the police and had to go the station to give a statement the police also put it down failing to stop because she did not give me her details so the police were looking into it i had to send them a diagram to show them what happend etc few weeks later after that police got back in touch saying there was notthing they can do what aload of bull.

Whilst the police should issue you with details of her insurance company it is not their job to issue blame thats what courts are for.

Again I would say its down to cost they have probably checked out shes licensed, insured, etc so the just leaves the failing to stop and to put that through a court would be just to costly for little out come.

If only as there were no injuries sustained by anyone, and no witnesses, the police would not issue any statement regarding fault. The cost of looking into an accident of this nature would quite simply be restrictive.

well its not the first time ive heard about someone calling the police after a minor bump and they have come out for a look and a statement about what happened etc but then maybe it does depend on the force and if they can be bothered?

Is anybody with axa car insurance or has been with them up to now they are cheapish but reading other customer reviews they sound really bad putting me off abit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club