Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Focus Suspension Arm

ray844!

HELP!!

Right got the old arm off not a problem nuts bolts all good, problem i can't get the pin back in that connects the arm to the suspension leg, it will go in 3/4 off the way and no further aand i cant get the pinch bolt back in.

any suggestions welcome

Ray

HELP!!

Right got the old arm off not a problem nuts bolts all good, problem i can't get the pin back in that connects the arm to the suspension leg, it will go in 3/4 off the way and no further aand i cant get the pinch bolt back in.

any suggestions welcome

Ray

i take it you mean the ball joint pin wont go back in to the leg? have you tried putting a jack under it?

i take it you mean the ball joint pin wont go back in to the leg? have you tried putting a jack under it?

i do yes and yes but it only goes3/4 of the way and no further tried hammer, and cleaning the hole it goes in about three quater and nothing

i do yes and yes but it only goes3/4 of the way and no further tried hammer, and cleaning the hole it goes in about three quater and nothing

is the ball joint any different to the old one? seems very strange that it wont go in fully.

is the ball joint any different to the old one? seems very strange that it wont go in fully.

theres no difference i assume it should just go it with out any problem?

theres no difference i assume it should just go it with out any problem?

are you sure its not fully in? although it may seem otherwise? usually when you jack the arm to fit them into the knuckle they take a bit of jacking and then all of a sudden shift and thats them right home..

what brand is the new arm?

going off a little bit here, how did you find the front bushes of the arm fitted? did the bolt rattle about inside the sleeve until tightened up?

got 2 new arms to fit myself, but it seems there is a little play between the bolt and the sleeve.

cheers

stef

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club