Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Zetec S Owner...

Paddy H

Alrite.

Names Paddy I'm from Staffordshire area and currently serving in the Army. I just recently got back from Afghan so i bought a 2009 Ford Focus Zetec S.

Things i hate about it... Petrol, 5 DR, Has a small dent, Not tinted windows.

Im into getting my Ford modded up, not like a chad or over the top just a standard nice tune to it.

I have no current pictures but i will upload soon.

Mods i am hoping to achieve:

Eibach Pro lowering springs

ST rims or Mondeo

ST Spoiler

Tinted windows (getting that done next week)

Changing the chrome piece on the bonnet - thats a big one too.

Probably changing the grill to replica of the ST grill.

Anyway thats me and thats my plans, i will post up what I'm doing and i will sure be needing help along there way so il keep about here. Some of you have some nice motors already.

Cheers

Paddy

Hi welcome :)

Welcome aboard oppo.

There are cracking carbon effect bonnet trims available on eBay and a nice ST spoiler will lift the back end, just make sure it's a Ford original as pattern ones are crap.

Please post some pictures when you have a chance.

Stoney don't you think the carbon effect look will look rather crap and chippy as the cars in performance blue type colour? I did think about it but thought it may look out of place and stick out like a sore thumb.

Also i have my eye on a few ST spoilers, how hard and costly do you think it would it be if i bought a jet black one and got sprayed performance blue? Is it possible even...

Welcome to the forum,

The side skirts and the rear spoiler on the zetec s focus are the exact same as the ones on the focus ST model

and if you wanted the rear spoiler in carbon fibre id recommend getting the existing one hydro dipped which is basiclly sprayed with primer then dipped in carbon printed vynil and then sprayed with a clear laquor to seal it togeather and looks identical to the real thing.

Cheers lad. I just looked and i thought the ST was much bigger. Im happy with it. Any recommendations with the front grill? I saw somewhere i can't fit a ST grill as its a different shape is that right?

Cheers lad. I just looked and i thought the ST was much bigger. Im happy with it. Any recommendations with the front?

ill confim weather you have the st spoiler when you upload the pictures later mate, but the standard zetec s from the production line has the st rear spoiler and side skirts as standard,

their are two options with the front mate,

you could replace the top grill to the focus st honycome mesh one and fit ome drl fog light surrounds (preee has done a fitting guide)

also spray the grills and fog surrounds in gloss black. and some DMB badge overlays.

see image of front drl's fitted but considering doing the gloss black myself,

Image1976.jpg

Image1977.jpg

or

remove the front bumper and fit an st one

because the side skirts and rear spoiler are alredy their you could easily do a st replica by changing the front and rear bumpers and fitting a duplex exhaust pipe.

Thanks a lot for that lenny mate looks like a great mod, looking at the OME DRL lights now which you previously linked to somebody before. Il also check out Pree fitting guide.

Thanks.

The ST spoiler fits the standard Focus exactly, the only difference is the brake light, the lens is a different shape and the plugs are different but you just need the ST plug with some spare wire on it so you can splice it to the original cables.

To spray it would be about £80 to £100

You can buy brand new primed ones from eBay for about £150 including brake light and fittings.

The bonnet trim colour is subjective, everyone has their likes and dislikes.

The carbon fibre one is standard on the RS.

Thanks a lot for that lenny mate looks like a great mod, looking at the OME DRL lights now which you previously linked to somebody before. Il also check out Pree fitting guide.

Thanks.

no problem mate,

and these mud flaps custom made for the zetec s as an excellent upgrade to keep your body work protected,

ford dont make mud flaps for the zetec s but if they did, they probablly wouldnt be as good as these lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180897046758?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D180897046758%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club