Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick De-Badge Question

Brigante

De-badged my focus today.. But now I can't get the adhesive off :mellow: Got no autoglym tar remover or anything of that sort. Can anyone recommend something I might already have about the house? Tried WD40 but it didn't touch it. Would white spirit get it off or would that strip the paint work? What about the missus' nail polish remover?

dont use white spirit you could remove the paint...i tried tar remover on my sisters and it didnt work. might do if i had an old toothbrush lol

lol what can I do about mine then mate :( looking !Removed! minging at the moment

Warm it with a hairdryer and peel it gently.

Or use sticky stuff remover-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c9e64d3e

Been heating with hairdryer mate but it isn't peeling that easy and it's just making the paintwork really hot. Can you recommend anything I can get locally? From a tesco wilkinson or wickes for example lol that's about all I can get to without an unwanted trek out

Will have to give it a go. I know i can use petrol but I can't be arsed with putting a lil bit in the jerry can when I fill up tomorrow

Instead of petrol you can also use petrol lighter fuel (Zippo or Ronson)

31EGg2QdhjL._AA160_.jpg41CGtHh5epL._AA160_.jpg

Good thinking mate. I should be able to buy that at a supermarket shouldny i?

acetone / nail varnish remover should do the job , got the sticky stuff off mine with some car polish and a microfiber cloth took a little bit of rubbing but came off quite easily

I just used white spirits (very little amount) and then when most was removed just used T Cut

Worked a treat :)

Cheers lads i'll get to work on it in a bit

Right lads.. Fully de-badged. Picked up some loctite superglue remover today and gave it ago, dabbed it on round the adhesive, left it a few min then pealed it off, worked a treat.

However, I dropped a right clanger when doing the adhesive on the side ghia emblems on the doors, left the stuff on too long by the looks of it as it has physically burnt the outline of the emblem into the door :wacko: strange thing is the pack says leave it on over night, I left it on for 15-30min and its melted away the door.

Am I gonna be able to buy replacement trip parts for the doors and how much are they likely to be?

sure i,ve seen these on eBay today i,ll have another look see what i can find

Nice one mate, appears that one is a full set and one is the front and rear of one side, I just need the rear 2. Don't wanna have to buy a set when I don't need to.

This is what I'm faced with.. Can't !Removed! believe it :( :o :unsure:

DSCN0598.jpg

Finis 1680503 Right Hand Side rear door panel estimated £24.19

Finis 1680521 Left Hand Side rear door panel estimated £17.74

Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover worked great for me!

Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover worked great for me!

Couldn't get hold of any mate, used some glue remover, it worked but i had no idea it was gonna physically dissolve my door trim too :o

Finis 1680503 Right Hand Side rear door panel estimated £24.19

Finis 1680521 Left Hand Side rear door panel estimated £17.74

Was waiting for you to pop up with the finis number mate. Just contacted the seller Steads gave me telling em what I needed. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon :(

Was waiting for you to pop up with the finis number mate. Just contacted the seller Steads gave me telling em what I needed. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon :(

id use the finis numbers at a last resort,

they are very expensive new, but if you purchased from a breakers or somwhere similar then they would be considerably cheaper.

Gotta start contacting breakers again then :( may take a while

:(

Couldn't get hold of any mate, used some glue remover, it worked but i had no idea it was gonna physically dissolve my door trim too :o

A warning to all!

:(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club