Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puncture Repair

fiesta_lad

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had a puncture repair done to their tyres if so is it any good and does it last cheers alan.

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had a puncture repair done to their tyres if so is it any good and does it last cheers alan.

yes and yes!

ive had one done at my local tyre shop before, cost me £7.50

tyre was only a couple of months old so there was no chance i was replacing it, still running on it yet a year later with no probs.

depending where the puncture is will depend if it can be repaired though.

yes and yes!

ive had one done at my local tyre shop before, cost me £7.50

tyre was only a couple of months old so there was no chance i was replacing it, still running on it yet a year later with no probs.

depending where the puncture is will depend if it can be repaired though.

same as stef yes and yes easier and cheaper than a whole new tyre mine was done on my old car year and a half ago are you sure its a puncture as on alloys theres a seal between the alloy and tyre this can go and the car will loose air just worth a mention as most places repair the valve wouldnt be fair deal would it stef

Hi all just been to the tyre place in the end i had to get a part worn for £15 has the puncture was on the tyre wall but never mind all sorted infact to me the car is handleing better.

same as stef yes and yes easier and cheaper than a whole new tyre mine was done on my old car year and a half ago are you sure its a puncture as on alloys theres a seal between the alloy and tyre this can go and the car will loose air just worth a mention as most places repair the valve wouldnt be fair deal would it stef

not quite sure i follow what you mean mate

not quite sure i follow what you mean mate

inside the tyre wall theres a seal that degrades over time and slowly lets air out if you have constantly low tyres and a new valve doesnt sort it this is usualy the problem i was meaning fair deal tyres was it there that you go

inside the tyre wall theres a seal that degrades over time and slowly lets air out if you have constantly low tyres and a new valve doesnt sort it this is usualy the problem i was meaning fair deal tyres was it there that you go

ahh with you now mate, stupid me. fair deal in cross gates? i think? nah i use AD tyres in kirkcaldy, superb service down there. dad and brother use them aswell for tyres mot's and whatever repairs i cant do.

ahh with you now mate, stupid me. fair deal in cross gates? i think? nah i use AD tyres in kirkcaldy, superb service down there. dad and brother use them aswell for tyres mot's and whatever repairs i cant do.

tend to use fair deal went in for tyres and the guy came out with a new one and a part worn i couldnt tell the difference the part worn was like new 20 for the part worn or 45 for the new i had to check it twice and still couldnt tell that it was a part worn still had the red and green strip going over the tread

Makes me wonder what exactly is wrong with these part worns, and why the previous owners changed them. All seems a bit odd? Unless if they were from a write off, in which case you wouldn't want to touch them.... I dont get why people are binning perfectly good tyres, maybe i'm missing something here? :unsure:

Makes me wonder what exactly is wrong with these part worns, and why the previous owners changed them. All seems a bit odd? Unless if they were from a write off, in which case you wouldn't want to touch them.... I dont get why people are binning perfectly good tyres, maybe i'm missing something here? :unsure:

i think alot of the tyres come from germany and probably other countries because their legal limit is much more than our 1.6mm

ahhh! I didn't think of that!

yeah they are mostly foreign tyres ive always got part worns trust me they arent dodgy knock offs or have tread fly off or that its a genuine way to save cash believe it or not there are people with 2 much money as the guy told me who change there tyres every year also a lot of them come from the fact that certain manufacturers replace the tyres before they sell the car on the forecourt dont know why but the tyre i got was almost indistinguishable from the new

Thats like the one i got today part worn michelin alpin £15 and you can still see the red and green line on it so bargin to me even give me free balanceing so iam happy. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club