Do Not Sell My Personal Information

03 Focus

deano110483

Hi there, my orange engine management light came on about a month ago and stayed on for about a week and then went off for about 3 weeks. It has recently come back on. The car runs absolutely fine with no problems whatsoever. The coil pack was replaced about 18 months ago and its been recently serviced. Any ideas what the problem could be? any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi there, my orange engine management light came on about a month ago and stayed on for about a week and then went off for about 3 weeks. It has recently come back on. The car runs absolutely fine with no problems whatsoever. The coil pack was replaced about 18 months ago and its been recently serviced. Any ideas what the problem could be? any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

you need to check for any fault codes try the dash trick on the top of the page first and see whats there other than that its needing plugged in to a diagnostics machine strange it went off on its own then came back on

thanks for fast reply to my question, i have done the secret test and it came up with code P0117....Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input.. i have googled it and it could be faulty connection to a sensor or a faulty sensor itself. This is what i found from google:

P0117 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Circuit Low Input Indicates the sensor signal is less than Self-Test minimum. The ECT sensor minimum is 0.2 volts or 121°C (250°F). Note on some vehicles that are not equipped with an ECT sensor, CHT can be used and can set this DTC. Grounded circuit in harness

Damaged sensor

Improper harness connection

Damaged PCM

ECT V PID reading less than 0.2 volts with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.

any ideas where this sensor is located, thanks

thanks for fast reply to my question, i have done the secret test and it came up with code P0117....Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input.. i have googled it and it could be faulty connection to a sensor or a faulty sensor itself. This is what i found from google:

P0117 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Circuit Low Input Indicates the sensor signal is less than Self-Test minimum. The ECT sensor minimum is 0.2 volts or 121°C (250°F). Note on some vehicles that are not equipped with an ECT sensor, CHT can be used and can set this DTC. Grounded circuit in harness

Damaged sensor

Improper harness connection

Damaged PCM

ECT V PID reading less than 0.2 volts with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.

any ideas where this sensor is located, thanks

between cylinders 2 + 3. if you look at your ht leads you will see a small cable(possibly in plastic conduit). this connects to the CHT sensor. i reckon its been disturbed when it was serviced, especially if the plugs were changed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club