• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

welshfocus78

New Owner!

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have just passed my driving test and brought my first ford focus 1.6 Zetec car today! I need some advice, the ford is 2000 and does not have CD player, I would like to replace my tape player for CD player as I have seen few at ebay website.

Is it straightforward replacement or complicated to replace?

Jeff

Hi all,

I have just passed my driving test and brought my first ford focus 1.6 Zetec car today! I need some advice, the ford is 2000 and does not have CD player, I would like to replace my tape player for CD player as I have seen few at ebay website.

Is it straightforward replacement or complicated to replace?

Jeff

If you are exchanging it for a Ford System it is just plug in and go, but will need some keys to remove the old unit and make sure you have the code for the new unit, any Ford dealer can get this for E-TIS maybe for a small charge. If you are looking at a after market unit then you will need a balnking kit to reduce the hole in the dash to take a standard fit unit and but some ISO leads to convert your Ford wiring to the unit, Placed like Halfords do the for about £10

Hi,

I am planning to use the standard ford radio thing but where do I get the key from? Thanks for the warning regarding the code.

Jeff

Pop into your local Ford deale rwho would remove it for you, or places like halfords sell them. Handy bit of kit to have

My ford radio keys only cost me 99p, def worth having in ya tool box lol