• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldbury863

oldbury863

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: 2002 focus 1.6 zetec

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

Hi, I have read odd bits & pieces where it has been stated that these engines (the black-top all alloy ones)cannot be rebuilt. Can anyone confirm if this is definitely the case? My focus has only covered 73k, but I can tell that the engine has developed a faint knock when accelerating that wasnt present when it was younger. I wondered if new big end shells could be fitted to it now rather than wait until it gets really bad & throw an otherwise good engine away? The engine doesnt burn oil, so is otherwise ok. Anyone got any definitive answers please. . . ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi, I have read odd bits & pieces where it has been stated that these engines (the black-top all alloy ones)cannot be rebuilt. Can anyone confirm if this is definitely the case? My focus has only covered 73k, but I can tell that the engine has developed a faint knock when accelerating that wasnt present when it was younger. I wondered if new big end shells could be fitted to it now rather than wait until it gets really bad & throw an otherwise good engine away? The engine doesnt burn oil, so is otherwise ok. Anyone got any definitive answers please. . . ?

well brton power rebuild these engines so ide say they can be rebuilt it is basically a yamaha derived engine same as the duratec though ide have this knock proffesionally diagnosed before you go ripping the innards out it may not be what you think or involve as much work

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users