Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking About Buying A Mondeo St Tdci

stef123

well ive kinda had enough of my focus 1.6 zetec, not that im having any trouble with it right now im just getting bored.

so ive been doing the figures and im thinking about selling it and getting a mondeo st 2.2 tdci. problem is trying to find one with less than about 60k miles. looking to spend between 7+9k

is there any specific things to look out for on this car? i know a ford isnt doing well with DMF's, injector issues but im willing to risk this, i will probably pay extra for a warranty anyway.

cheers

stef

make sure clutch does not slip

make sure there is no vibration on test drive

if mileage is around 100k then injectors could be about comming due for replacement

try to go for duratorq engine (timming chain rather than belt)

and 6 speed gearbox for pretty good economy!

make sure clutch does not slip

make sure there is no vibration on test drive

if mileage is around 100k then injectors could be about comming due for replacement

try to go for duratorq engine (timming chain rather than belt)

and 6 speed gearbox for pretty good economy!

hey chris

im quite worried by the DMF and injectors but not put off by them yet. i thought all the st engines were duratorq?

i am looking forward to the 6 speed box too and maybe even a bit of remapping for a little more oomph and economy.

i got a quote of £40 a month for a warranty but i dont think it covers the DMF unfortunately, i will keep shopping around though.

thanks for your input mate :)

hey chris

im quite worried by the DMF and injectors but not put off by them yet. i thought all the st engines were duratorq?

i am looking forward to the 6 speed box too and maybe even a bit of remapping for a little more oomph and economy.

i got a quote of £40 a month for a warranty but i dont think it covers the DMF unfortunately, i will keep shopping around though.

thanks for your input mate :)

the dmf can be replaced with the clutch from around £600 dont forget the main part of the job as with the mk ii mondey is the labour as the subframe needs to come out! schummacker starts will screw the dmf

the dmf can be replaced with the clutch from around £600 dont forget the main part of the job as with the mk ii mondey is the labour as the subframe needs to come out! schummacker starts will screw the dmf

i do hope i can find a warranty that covers this, dont fancy having to pay that sort of cash out :lol:

is there a sort of average mileage that the DMF goes on these engines? or is it just whenever it feels like it.

if it doesnt cover the dmf flywheel then dont bother with it i think there was a thread on this site about extended warrenties that if i recall may cover the dmf and clutch but only if it is mechanical breakdown

if it doesnt cover the dmf flywheel then dont bother with it i think there was a thread on this site about extended warrenties that if i recall may cover the dmf and clutch but only if it is mechanical breakdown

which a failure of the DMF will be? if i ever had to replace the clutch through wear and tear, i wonder if i should do the DMF too or leave it to the warranty as im sure it will come up at some point...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club