1 reply to this topic

#1 leelee

leelee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: KA Sport
Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hi Guys,

If a heater control valve is on its way out would it blow just hot air out?.

As i pervious read if the valve is faulty it blows cold air. Sometimes it does blow could air but when i turn the dial to hot and then back to cold it stays at hot.

Is is easy to replace the heater control valve?

Many Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hi Guys,

If a heater control valve is on its way out would it blow just hot air out?.

As i pervious read if the valve is faulty it blows cold air. Sometimes it does blow could air but when i turn the dial to hot and then back to cold it stays at hot.

Is is easy to replace the heater control valve?

Many Thanks

I had the same problem on my fiesta the heater kept on blowing hot air out turned out to be the heater control valve. theres a little test you can do your self get your engine up to running tempeture turn your heater on full wack to the hot dial pop your bonnet and near your windscreen you should see two longish black pipes they are your heater control valves have a little feel of them and if there hot there there working ok if there cold then no doubt it is them.

I would'nt know how to change them never done it before a garage done it for me. but i have had problems with them before

Best of luck alan.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users