Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Erratic Idle, Stalling And Lack Of Power

wints

Thanks for the reply its petrol engine sorry forgot to mention that, ok heres the latest with this problem read just about everything realated to this problem but all suggestions have not worked for me list of what i have changed below

Plugs

HT leads

Coil pack

MAf sensor

ICV sensor

Injectors and rail

Hose at back of inlet manifold

Fuel Filter

And i've still got these problems Erratic idle, stalling when braking, lack of power got a mate to hook his scanner and its coming back with a missfire on 1 and 3 cylinders compression test we ran was ok, any ideas as to what could be causing this? cheers for any insights

was it just a fault code reader you hooked it up to? these codes may be old ones that were never cleared.

clear the codes and check if any new ones appear.

one thing to try, that worked for me although i still havent fixed this issue completely yet either is disconnect the 3 wire plug from the alternator and see what happens. it made mine idle perfectly until i plugged it back in...

was it just a fault code reader you hooked it up to? these codes may be old ones that were never cleared.

one thing to try, that worked for me although i still havent fixed this issue completely yet either is disconnect the 3 wire plug from the alternator and see what happens. it made mine idle perfectly until i plugged it back in...

stef it sounds like you need the upgraded loom to the alternator ford issued a tech bulletin that should a customer express concern over flickering of lights a loom from the battery to the alternator can be fitted to rectify this i cant remember the part numberThe high resistance from the 7.5A fuse to the alternator multi plug causes it to "pulse" so the new loom does away with this by taking a new feed direct from the main battery cable on the back of the alternator. The part is really disappointing, and is basically a piece of wire that costs £18 – but my advice is buy it and fit it at the same time – it’s not worth the hassle or cost later down the line (Ford charge about £95 to fit it!!!

stef it sounds like you need the upgraded loom to the alternator ford issued a tech bulletin that should a customer express concern over flickering of lights a loom from the battery to the alternator can be fitted to rectify this i cant remember the part numberThe high resistance from the 7.5A fuse to the alternator multi plug causes it to "pulse" so the new loom does away with this by taking a new feed direct from the main battery cable on the back of the alternator. The part is really disappointing, and is basically a piece of wire that costs £18 but my advice is buy it and fit it at the same time its not worth the hassle or cost later down the line (Ford charge about £95 to fit it!!!

cheers for that. will look into that a bit further when i get the time. i wont be paying ford prices for some wire though, i will make my own i think.

cheers mate

stef

Cheers for the reply, no the scanners i've had hooked up to it have been a Launch, Versus and the other was on a laptop by a mate that does scanning and re-programing for a living all 3 scanners came back with missfire on 1 and 3

Hi guys, tried disconnecting the 3 wire plug from the alternator but no joy if anything it made it idle worse, got a second had PCM so going to get me mate to key code it tomorrow and give that a try, i'll report back. Cheers for your input

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club